Sudocrem

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
KOOCH

Sudocrem

Post by KOOCH »

Slightly strange question. But as anyone else suffered any irritation due to applying to small abrasions. The reason I ask is that three years ago a applied Sudocrem to a rather sensitive area.The following day I had blood poisoning and was in utter agony for weeks. Then on Tuesday evening after a rather irritating day with my work boots.I applied Sudocrem to a little nick on my ankle.The following day I went to work and started to shiver violently and feeling very week and dizzy.I went to my doctor and was told once again that I had gotten blood poisoning.It was only after this second incident that my doctor said my body was having a violent reaction to Sudocrem.Once again I have been told not to go back to work for at least two weeks.And yes I am in agony again.The reason I ask is that no information is given about allergic reactions.And the writing is that small on the tub that I was forced to use a magnifying glass.
cpwigan

Re: Sudocrem

Post by cpwigan »

I have heard of the product but know little or nothing about it. However, do not such products say something along the lines of do not apply to open wounds?
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

It was not exactly an open wound cpw.It was just new work boots chafing my ankle.Any way I have come to the same conclusion as my doctor keep away from the bugger!It was more a general enquiry really to see if anyone else had suffered because of it.Anyway cpw the Sudocrem is used on the posterior of our little cherubs. :D
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

You dont seem to be allergic to the product but one of the ingredients.Ask your doc to refer you for an allergy test.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kooch. My only knowledge of this product is from an episode of the Royle Family after the birth of Baby David.
Having changed his nappy, Barbara said there was a spot on his bottom she wasn't happy with. So she sent Anthony to the chemist to buy a tube of Sudocrem.
Your assertion would suggest there could be a problem!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I think that platt-warrior probably is more correct in that I am probably allergic to one of the ingredients.Thanks for the heads up platt-warrior regarding asking my doctor for a referal to an allergy clinic.I also saw the royal family episode and found it funny at the time. :D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kooch. I think allergy tests cost a fortune!
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

No they dont,they are free!!if you've been referred.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

platt-warrior wrote:No they dont,they are free!!if you've been referred.
I remember Stan Ogden having allergy tests and brickin it lest he was allergic to beer!

Turned out to be eggs! :lol:
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

:lol: