England V ASSRL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: England V ASSRL

Post by cpwigan »

Great news that the game is at Leigh. Unless it is from short blindsides or kicks I think England's best chance is up the middle al a the first game.

I see Tom as being a more direct less ability Burgess like the Leeds Burgess. He certainly has the size. George seems to have a little more to his running game. The Aussies lads looked like they could handle the hard yard type runs but where George, Milner and Burke threw something extra into the mix they struggled.

I hope Ganson is not refereeing this one
Phil80

Post by Phil80 »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Excellent news about shiftingvthe game to Leigh again as I'm just around the corner !!

Good luck to the English lads just win it , don't care how !
Think ill pop along to this as well. See the Aussies get beat for a 3rd time this week :D
TSB

Post by TSB »

Same team as last week apart from Ben Evans replacing Jack Hughes second row, Olsni Krasni ( Harlequins ) Prop. Sorry about the spelling.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Half time: England 22 Aus 4

:)
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Final score England 34 Aus 22

Tries: Powell, Thompson (2), Russell, Evans
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Sounds like a wonderful performance from England, btw did the Australians do much sledging ?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No Eclipse. The start of the 2nd half they came out fired up and really started putting 110% in and they seem to scream like banshees as a tactic when they rush defence.

Totally different game under a different official. Fewer penalties, fewer fouls, clean faster flowing game with both teams making long breaks. The fans saw lots of rugby not somebody starring for the lead role in a Hitler Biop.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

At times TEW IMO, the Aussie lads appared totally broken mentally. It was akin to how England have been for the last 30 years but reversed.