England V ASSRL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: England V ASSRL

Post by cpwigan »

As many as can need to watch this match our best v some outstanding young Aussies.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:They keep mentioning 6 now Eclipse. Also Burgess seems to have appeared in the squad which is great news for England.
Hasn't Sarsfield gone to Widnes?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

May have but last I heard he had decided to stay at Wigan. May well have changed.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:May have but last I heard he had decided to stay at Wigan. May well have changed.
On Radio Merseysides Thursday RL hour a couple of weeks ago, there was a Widnes representative on and he mentioned the signing of a Wigan International academy player, I presumed it was Matty Sarsfield, but maybe I'm wrong.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:
cpwigan wrote:May have but last I heard he had decided to stay at Wigan. May well have changed.
On Radio Merseysides Thursday RL hour a couple of weeks ago, there was a Widnes representative on and he mentioned the signing of a Wigan International academy player, I presumed it was Matty Sarsfield, but maybe I'm wrong.
Could well be. Widnes wanted to sign Liam Thompson and Sarsfield. Liam signed a while back. IIRC, Sarsy wasnt on the pics in the Observer?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Powell is one of six Warriors academy players, including Danny Bridge, Greg Burke, Ryan King, Matthew Russell and Jack Hughes, involved with the England Academy set-up
From the club web site and IIRC on Wigan Today 6 players minus Sarsfield are pictured so I think we can say he is no longer a Wigan player.
TSB

Post by TSB »

Greg Burke on the bench along with Sarsfield. the rest starting.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Do you know who is playing centre for us TSB?
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

TSB wrote:Greg Burke on the bench along with Sarsfield. the rest starting.
Thanks for the update, very interesting as i would have thought Burke would have started with Bridge maybe coming off the bench.

So looking at the forward pack it sounds like

8. Forster (Saints)
9. Milner (Cas)
10. Burgess (Bulls/Bunnies)
11. Bridge (Wigan)
12. Hughes (Wigan)
13. Laithwaite (Wire)

CP, i'm also guessing the centres will be Rhys Evans and Jordan Thompson unless they switch Matty Russell and put Thompson to fullback.
TSB

Post by TSB »

8. Ben Evans(Wolves)
9. Milner (Cas)
10. Burgess (Bulls/Bunnies)
11. Bridge (Wigan)
12. Hughes (Wigan)
13. Laithwaite (Wire)