Wagga to Salford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
wiggydoran

Wagga to Salford

Post by wiggydoran »

Yes i can't belive it to salford have signed another new player, Wayne Goodwin had moved from Bradford to Salford.

please see below:
Salford City Reds have made Bradford Bulls hooker Wayne Godwin their ninth recruit for Engage Super League XVI.

The 28-year-old former Castleford Tigers, Wigan Warriors and Hull FC player follows Bulls team-mate Chris Nero to The Willows after signing a three-year deal.

Godwin will help fill the void created by the retirement of long-serving hooker Malcolm Alker and, with fellow newcomer Tevita Leo-Latu encountering visa problems, could get a head start on his rival.

An ever-present at Bradford last season, Godwin became surplus to requirements following the arrival from Leeds of Matt Diskin, who will be competing with Heath L'Estrange for the hooking role.

The Bulls agreed to release Godwin from the final 12 months of his contract and are now expected to add to their list of 10 new faces so far under new coach Mick Potter.
Salford are slowely becoming like Huddesfield (wigan rejects team)
cpwigan

Re: Wagga to Salford

Post by cpwigan »

Glad for him. Better opportunity of game time. Decent lad, gave us 100%. Good luck to him.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Pleased for Wayne.As Cp quite rightly said.He always gave a hundred percent.I'm sure this can only be a good thing for Salford who are putting a decent team together for the 2011 season.Should be more competative than of late.Nothing worse in my opinion than going to see a match knowing the likely outcome before a team as even kicked a ball.Of course we ourselves have been on the back end of the odd surprise result.Example the Quins game.Fortunately I was on holiday and did not get to see the upset caused.That aside.Good luck Wayne. :D
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

good luck to the lad , top fella !!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The strange one is the 9 they signed from Wakey who has been in this country for what 2 / 3 years yet he changes clubs and hits visa issues.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Looking forward to our friendly game even more now!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I'm pleased for Wayne as well, nice lad, he deserves it :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Journeyman but a good reliable player... always had a cheeky smile when my wife hounded players for autographs in 2006... good to see he's over his atrocious leg injury and playing again.

Good luck to him, a good move into a decent team imo
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame