can anyone help?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: can anyone help?

Post by josie andrews »

the winky one wrote:Hi Josie.

When we changed from Virgin to Sky (thinking it would be easier) we purchased a new video recorder. The trouble we had trying to record from sky was unbelievable a couple of engineers came from sky..we had to pay £39 for the priviledge. and said that they could show us how to record but it would be too complicated for us!!! and that we would be better off just using the sky box for recording. We never had any problems with Virgin so have decided to return to them when our sky contract ends in feb, it has driven us mad honestly
I have never had any trouble at all recording onto video or DVD from my sky box. Don't take any notice of the so called engineers! I'm no technophobe (sp) but even I knew how to do it!! Don't let them fob you off with that crap about it being too complicated that's a load of tosh. They robbed you of the 39 quid!!!
As Mr Dave says, make sure you have your scart leads in & out of the right sockets.

When we got the new tv, blu ray hdd recorder that was when I got really confused with all the hd cables & I was told I needed a new ariel to enable me to receive reception, so I called for an ariel fitter & 2 blokes came, they looked at the existing ariel & said it was ok. They then proceeded to tune in the tv etc for me. They did everything, connected all the cables etc & when I went to pay them they said it was okay as they were just happy to help, I gave them £20 each tho' even if it was only one of them who tuned everything in for me. For me it was worth it :)

I still record onto sky then onto dvd or straight to dvd. Don't why I got the hdd for cos I very rarely use it for recording, I only use it for storing stuff on from my sky+ box. The only thing with that is that it won't let you record off that on to a dvd a message comes up with all the copyright bumpf!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Thanks josie and Mr Dave.

apparently we need the dvd recorder to be set to av4 to record but sky tv is tuned in to av4 (hope you can understand that) and this is what causes a problem.we have a relative who is quite handy at this type of thing but even he was baffled. we have only been able to use the dvd to play films on. I think we are better going back to virgin before we lose the will to live, we never had this problem before. I'll keep you posted
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the winky one wrote:Thanks josie and Mr Dave.

apparently we need the dvd recorder to be set to av4 to record but sky tv is tuned in to av4 (hope you can understand that) and this is what causes a problem.we have a relative who is quite handy at this type of thing but even he was baffled. we have only been able to use the dvd to play films on. I think we are better going back to virgin before we lose the will to live, we never had this problem before. I'll keep you posted
Sorry couldn't be of more help :(

What have you got plugged in to AV1 - AV3?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Hey everyone.
Can anyone tell me if there is a train that goes to Wigan from Huddersfield?
If I drove to the ground is there plenty of carparking at the ground?
How long before the game do the gates open?
Do you get to see the team do a warm-up on the ground before the game?
Does the team go into the Social Club after the game?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Stormfan wrote:Hey everyone.
Can anyone tell me if there is a train that goes to Wigan from Huddersfield?
If I drove to the ground is there plenty of carparking at the ground?
How long before the game do the gates open?
Do you get to see the team do a warm-up on the ground before the game?
Does the team go into the Social Club after the game?
Don't think there is a direct train, may have to change at Manchester
There is plenty of parking available in the surrounding area
Dont know what time the gates open but you do see the players doing warm up exercises on the pitch
Doubt they go in a social club but there may be a players lounge etc but it will be limited entry i guess

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

In the South Stand Bar after the game, Kris Rad comes in and talks about it. He brings the coaches MoM with him. Other than that, don't expect to see the team. They are all taken away to 'train down'!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Kittwazzer wrote:In the South Stand Bar after the game, Kris Rad comes in and talks about it. He brings the coaches MoM with him. Other than that, don't expect to see the team. They are all taken away to 'train down'!
I misread the question thinking the journey was to Hudds :lol: Anyway the answers are the same apart from the SS bar bit which i go in anyway. :lol: Thanks for clearing it up KW
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I think the gates open at 6:30 for an 8:00 kick off
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Fujiman wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:In the South Stand Bar after the game, Kris Rad comes in and talks about it. He brings the coaches MoM with him. Other than that, don't expect to see the team. They are all taken away to 'train down'!
I misread the question thinking the journey was to Hudds :lol: Anyway the answers are the same apart from the SS bar bit which i go in anyway. :lol: Thanks for clearing it up KW
But don't forget the SS bar is limited numbers and you are meant to be a season ticket holder in order to gain entry
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

FROM A TO B wrote: But don't forget the SS bar is limited numbers and you are meant to be a season ticket holder in order to gain entry
True. Trick is to nip outside for a 'smoke' and take half a dozen Season Tickets. The Goon with the clicker wasn't exactly Quantico trained!