ever met anyone famous

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
kitt green warriors

ever met anyone famous

Post by kitt green warriors »

we were on about this at work today because my mate said he met david platt off corrie over christmas, my claim to fame is I met the British Bulldog in Golborne when he was visiting home a few years ago anyone else got a claim to fame.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
NathanCroucher

Re: ever met anyone famous

Post by NathanCroucher »

Worked on a low budget film starring Brian Blessed once.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
over the hill

Post by over the hill »

me and my mates had a jack daniels and coke with lemmy while i was in L.A once
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I was in a lift once with Lionel Ritchie :inlo:

(Mind you I was also in a lift with Gareth Ellis & Ali Lauititi when they lost the CC final to Hull FC :o )

And Rab C Nesbitt gave me his head band & a bouquet of flowers during his one man show at the Aberdeen Music Hall. I was the only woman on the front row so he used me to banter with all thru' the show :blush:

I was also on the video of a live Rab C Nesbitt show, the camera man was quite close to me & just kept closing in on me & my friends. We were on the front row of the circle then :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I worked at the London Palladium in the early to mid eighties.And met Michael Crawford,Shirley Bassey,The two Ronnies,Yule Briner,Gordon Jackson,and Marie Wilson of Cry me a river fame.Michael Crawford was an utter gentleman from the momment he arrived.Likewise Gordon Jackson and Ronnie Barker.Shirley Bassey was full of her own importance and let you know it.Ronnie Corbet was a nasty little man.Not the face he presents in public.Marie one hit wonder Wilson was an absolte diamond who arranged an after performance booze up for family and friends.And invited all the staff to enjoy her party also.Oh for the good old days. :D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kooch. You surprise me about Ronnie Corbett but I've heard the same said about la Bassey. I believe Cilla Black has gone all peys above sticks as well!

There was a programme last week about 100 years of the Palladium and the man said Yul Brinner was the most impossible person he had ever worked with. It was as though he had actually 'become' the King of Siam!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Kittwazzer wrote:Kooch. You surprise me about Ronnie Corbett but I've heard the same said about la Bassey. I believe Cilla Black has gone all peys above sticks as well!

There was a programme last week about 100 years of the Palladium and the man said Yul Brinner was the most impossible person he had ever worked with. It was as though he had actually 'become' the King of Siam!
Kittwazzer.Believe me Ronnie Corbett is not the nice man many percieve him to be.Prior to the intermission the Two Ronnies had a sketch portraying Navy Wrens.When asked if the Ronnies would give a group of Wrens visiting The Palladium a wave.Ronnie Barker was only to happy to oblige.Not so Mr Corbett.Who's response was sod em!He always refused to meet fans waiting at the back stage door and never signed autographs.This was of course Twenty five years ago.So he could have meloowed by now.Yul Brinner was a man who had little to do with any member of staff.So much so I had actually forgotten him.As I also forgot his co star Virginia Mckenna.Mind you saying that I had only been at the Palladium three weeks before the show ended.Shirley Bassey was to put it kindly a proper little madam.What I can say is that I do genuinely miss those days.Very happy days.But then I would never have met my wonderful wife if life had not set me on an other course. :D
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Met loads of people when I worked at Asda Head office as they did promotional stuff mainly. There were loads but from memory there was Michael Owen, Louise Redknapp, Lulu, Jamie Cullum, Eric Cantona, Billy Connolly, Bill Oddie, Nell McAndrew (stunning) etc. Also had a number of meetings with people like Ken Hom, Aldo Zilli, Rosemary Schrager and Rick Stein. Other than that I've had a pint of guinness with Shane McGowan and several pints with Cannon and Ball and went to a workmates wedding where Mike Tindall was his best man (they both went to Queen Elizabeth grammar in Wakefield I think, I didn't I hasten to add).
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

All of the Storm team
Shane Warne :) :)
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Duncan Goodhew signed my cast when I had broken my arm. Think I was probably about 11 at the time :)