Wigan will NOT appeal Lima's ban

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AdamMac

Re: Wigan will NOT appeal Lima's ban

Post by AdamMac »

If the RFL were a normal organisation then I would say fair play and let's move on and deal with it BUT they are not and there will be numerous and ridiculous bans overturned this season. Imagine Hetherington taking this ground? I think not.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:( We are the rubbing rags of the RFL. Does IL stand up to anybody?
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Doesn't seem that way does it CP. Someone on another forum posted that in 94 when we played Brisbane, Andrew Gee was in the middle of an 8 game ban but they appealed that it shouldn't included the WCC and the Aus Rugby league beaks agreed and let him play.

Shame we couldn't put up the same argument.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

In the NRL you get a ban reduction for pleading guilty. In SL, you get nothing, probably a bigger ban. You have to plead not guilty / appeal come what may.

I cannot recall any instance when IL has stood up to the RFL. I do not care what happened under Whelan / Lindsay, the RFL are a bunch of muppets and we are currently their biatches.

It is the same with the DW, Whelan says jump and IL says how high.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Agreed, well nothing we can do about it now. Let's look at the positives... at least it means another british/wigan player will get a place in the 17 to play against the aussie's and we all know what happened against Manly...

(fingers crossed)
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

I wonder if a Wigan player made a complaint about a foul tackle which the Referee had not seen, would the offending be also put on report?

More then likely would be told to get on with it like many others have in the past.

As for Wilkin, he is hardly a angel when it comes to foul play.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

While I agree we seem to get more match bans than other teams,Lima has pleaded Guilty so he's done the crime now must do the time. While we are (rightly) moaning about the RL IMO we should be upset with Lima for comitting giving the RL the chance to bash us again. If he hadn't done owt wrong he wouldn't have pleaded guilty.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

Madge was right with his comments in that statement where he says the RFL have set a level and cant go below it or he will let it known but the comment by IL where he says and i qoute "general acceptance of decisions taken" is just poor. he has said we wont appeal anything the RFL do this year, CP your right we are the RFL's bitches. not done alot wrong until now but IL you let yourself down on this one big time
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As you say 18th I think IL does some outstanding things but his obsession and misguided notion of Wigan recapturing respect and repairing the reputation of the club is leading to the RFL repeatedly walking all over us.

Britain is a nation that hates success by others. Jealousy from success means Wigan will always be hated. Long may it continue because the only way it would change is if we were losers.