Sacked in the morning?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Sacked in the morning?

Post by cpwigan »

I cannot see Mcrae holding one. Substantial investment in players, players unhappy with the coach, results awful.
Kittwazzer

Re: Sacked in the morning?

Post by Kittwazzer »

By all accounts, he's hardly ever there anyway!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:I cannot see Mcrae holding one. Substantial investment in players, players unhappy with the coach, results awful.
I reckon Agar's as much at risk, if not more, after tonight's abject performance. They've a lot of talented players there, just not playing as a team.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Yep got to agree Was saying to my son watching the Leeds match as the salford score came through that he would be the first one to go
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

I was told a few years ago around the time a former Wigan halfback was at the club (Salford) the players used to take the piss out of him and mock him.

It seems he doesn't have the players respect at all if that is going on.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

McRae has got to go no doubt about it. The directors should be absolutely seething and I can imagine the fans will be pretty miffed too after all the signings which have been made and the level of optimism they must have been feeling about the new season. I think its totally ridiculous that Salford even have a team in Super League when they're consistently crap, and get such poor crowds because its in an area where nobody really cares about Rugby League. When Widnes are in the championship I'd be interested to see the reasoning behind them getting a franchise in the first place.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

gpartin wrote:McRae has got to go no doubt about it. The directors should be absolutely seething and I can imagine the fans will be pretty miffed too after all the signings which have been made and the level of optimism they must have been feeling about the new season. I think its totally ridiculous that Salford even have a team in Super League when they're consistently crap, and get such poor crowds because its in an area where nobody really cares about Rugby League. When Widnes are in the championship I'd be interested to see the reasoning behind them getting a franchise in the first place.
The reasoning behind Salfords inclusion is/was the two million plus inhabitants of Manchester that the RFL want to attract to RL.
Having grown up 5 miles north of Manchester city centre, I had little or no knowledge of Rugby league when growing up.
One teacher at our school tried for a couple of years, but got nowhere.
Football is the great God in Manchester.
I was 37 before I discovered RL, thanks to SKY when I saw
Morley sent off in 12 seconds against Ausetralia, I followed up by viewig the next season, and now can barely stand watching football as it so monumentally dull.

If the RFL do want to attract a percentage of the people of Manchester they will need a massive campaign to raise awareness.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The Eclipse wrote:I was told a few years ago around the time a former Wigan halfback was at the club (Salford) the players used to take the piss out of him and mock him.

It seems he doesn't have the players respect at all if that is going on.
I know that one of the new signings has already had a huge blow up with Mcrae about training and how poor the sessions are.

The playing squad has a whole have no respect for him and take the P out of him.

The worry for Salford fans is that Noble is favourite to take over :lol:

Replace one bad coach with another bad coach.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Fujiman wrote:Yep got to agree Was saying to my son watching the Leeds match as the salford score came through that he would be the first one to go
If McRae goes as first SL coach this season I got a nice little sum in the bag as of a wager made 3 weeks ago. Looks like £25 is heading my way.
Cant beleive how stupid this bloke is, on the strength of what people are saying on here. The bloke is a plank and letting Salford down big style.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Salford do deserve better than this. It's very hard to gel players in such a short time especially as posters have said he doesn't hold the respect of his team.

Ref Brian Noble, he was never the man for us but don't think anyone can deny that he did a fair old job last year at the crusaders, so he might be the man for Salford.

Big disappointment for me is Catalans. They were garbage last night. It just goes to show how good MM is. Trent Robinson was a highly rated assistant at the Roosters but his coaching at Catalans so far is abysmal. No cohesion, playing like idiots, very poor.

My tips for the boot are

1. Macrae
2. Trent Robinson
3. Agar