Sacked in the morning?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gillysmyhero

Re: Sacked in the morning?

Post by gillysmyhero »

gpartin wrote:McRae has got to go no doubt about it. The directors should be absolutely seething and I can imagine the fans will be pretty miffed too after all the signings which have been made and the level of optimism they must have been feeling about the new season. I think its totally ridiculous that Salford even have a team in Super League when they're consistently crap, and get such poor crowds because its in an area where nobody really cares about Rugby League. When Widnes are in the championship I'd be interested to see the reasoning behind them getting a franchise in the first place.
To be faire there are a few amatuer rugby league in or near Manchester that play at an half decent level ( or did back in the day when I played) like Eccles were Morley came from or the only other on I can think of at the min is Cadishead rinoes.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

gillysmyhero wrote: To be faire there are a few amatuer rugby league in or near Manchester that play at an half decent level ( or did back in the day when I played) like Eccles were Morley came from or the only other on I can think of at the min is Cadishead rinoes.
Langworthy & Folly Lane are the only others I can think of!
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Listening to GMR on the way home yesterday and the fans weren't happy about the signings made over summer and said they were more headline signings instead of players that would work hard for the club.

With the likes of Feka, Bailey and wild, you can see where they are coming from.

Never liked McRea as a coach, he never seemed to bothered when coaching the Rabitohs and doing the weekly news on boots n all. He would say another loss for us this week, but we are heading in the right direction. They were always bottom so only 1 way to go.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Overall, he hasn't done too badly over here. Always been in well paid employment and I've no doubt he'd get another job if Salford cut him loose. That's assuming he wanted one. Might decide to develop his media career. He certainly appears to be held in high regard by Sky. And I quite like listening to him. Certainly knows his stuff and easy on the ear!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You often wonder how much luck and good fortune plays in peoples careers. McRae if I remember rightly was a conditioner at Canberra and on an Australian tour. I have no idea if he had a playing career or what is actual coaching background is.

He landed luck with Saints and certainly enjoyed success there but thereafter bombed badly at South Sydney and now seemingly Salford.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I predicted that Salford would not fare well this year - Phil Bailey has described Mcrae as "the most hands-off coach I've ever had" and Andy Coley once said "Mcraes rugby drills are from the 1970s".

This from todays Guardian sums up Salford - I had feared it would be the end for Feka conditioning-wise when he left:

"It is impossible to exaggerate just how bad Salford were, as Saints scored 10 tries in the first 60 minutes with embarrassing ease before cruising through the last quarter.

So far, the opposition player who said the Reds had "signed some lemons" seems to have been bang on the money – most obviously, Feka Paleaaesina is unrecognisable from the player who started to make a positive contribution in his last year at Wigan under Michael Maguire, with his current condition reflecting dreadfully both on Salford's recruitment and training regime."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Only saw the highlights but both Salford and Catalans looked dreadful