Re: Lack of good coaches ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:When you look at what MM has done at Wigan, he hasn't done anything radical, he has simply installed the correct back room staff and introduced disciplines and up to date methods of coaching to get the best out the players at his disposal.

We haven't spent thousands on bringing in superstars only adding quality and experience where it was required, so despite all the rumblings about Salary cap , Player defection to RU the clubs need to have a good look at there coaching set up and make some serious changes to compete with the Wigan as it obvious the right kind of atmosphere has been developed at the club to ensure we hold onto our players and stars of the future

Its time that these so called goods coaches started to admit there shortcomings and do something to improve themselves and swallow a little pride to get the best out of the players they have?

Anyone else agree of is me having a lone rant ?
If it was as simple as that everybody would be doing it. Sometimes things come together and it clicks. Lets enjoy it while we can :)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

There are some seemingly simple fundamentals but even those most people struggle to do. Madge/Waney are totally honest, treat players fairly but they expect and demand the highest standards in terms of effort/application. All of the aforementioned motivates employees (players) to work as hard as they possibly can to enjoy the greatest degree of success.

Anybody / Everybody should be able to achieve this. Alas, No.

Madge has an understanding of the nuances of modern day RL in defence and attack that is far far better than other coaches. Every coach / every team can run second man plays but some are far far better than others. Defence is the same.

Any fool (me for example)can spout professional RL rhetoric and sound intelligent. Some fools even get paid to do it.

Professional RL (Administrators - Coaches of all aspects - Players - Officials - Media) in Britain is served in the main by fools. Top drawer professionals are in even shorter supply than British players.

Mark Bitcom is a conditioner. I would surmise many conditioners in RL have similar qualifications and supposed knowledge. Yet, Bitcom is probably operating at a different level to the vast majority to the point they seem to speak a different language.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not sure quite why or how TEW but as you say most seem unable to do so. Whether or not it is the personal make up of the individual or their intelligence. Indeed, both; I do not know.

The strange aspect is that some of the fundamentals apply at all levels of RL and can be seen in coaches at all levels. Indeed, I would possibly (I have no way to prove this) argue that morally we see greater numbers of coaches displaying such standards in the coaching of juniors, especially very junior players. It seems to me a little power (progress/success) corrupts so many coaches and they forget the essense of man management which is a fundamental aspect of coaching.

However, it is not just coaching. You see it with administrators, sports media persons etc etc.