Gleeson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
AdamMac

Gleeson

Post by AdamMac »

I believe he's not trained with the players all week. Anyone got any more info?

We really need him to play in this match. Would be a huge loss but also he can't go in 80% as St George will dominate us if he goes off and we have the same situation as at Bradford.

Fingers crossed
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Gleeson

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

he WILL be fit :thum:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

If he isn't fit, then who would you bring in.

Joel can play there and his defence is good, and with good cover for the pack he wouldn't be missed too much.

Or Charnley.

for a league match i thnk Madge would play charnley, but not sure if he thinks he needs someone bigger there against St George.

The other option is Goulding to centre with charnley/Marsh on the wing. Goulding started off as a centre but got pushed onto the wing as backup and seems to be stuck there.

And then there's Karl Pryce....they will need some extra staff on the east stand bar and he can probably hold 6 pints in each hand.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

First Try Tickle wrote:If he isn't fit, then who would you bring in.

Joel can play there and his defence is good, and with good cover for the pack he wouldn't be missed too much.

Or Charnley.

for a league match i thnk Madge would play charnley, but not sure if he thinks he needs someone bigger there against St George.

The other option is Goulding to centre with charnley/Marsh on the wing. Goulding started off as a centre but got pushed onto the wing as backup and seems to be stuck there.

And then there's Karl Pryce....they will need some extra staff on the east stand bar and he can probably hold 6 pints in each hand.
Pryce can't even get in the Quins squad.
OJ

Post by OJ »

First Try Tickle wrote:If he isn't fit, then who would you bring in.

Or Charnley.

Good thinking and a super punch line! :D
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I hope Gleeson plays but if not then I would give the job to Marsh. Really impressed me in terms of defence against warrington in the pre season friendly and he was up against a much bigger opposite centre then.

Also, Madge doesn't like to switch positions around to much. He see Charnley as left wing/centre and Marsh right wing/centre.

I don't think Joel is nimble enough on his feet to come up against gasnier and he also tackles to high, he can get away with this in the back row but not at centre.

God I'm nervous. :doz:
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

Matt Cooper is the left centre for the Dragons, a very direct centre so I think Joel could more than hold his own against Cooper.
Wigan til i die!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'd be surprised if Gleeson plays after the story that has just broken!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

RE; Glees this issue has been taking place since pre season so I think he can play / deal with it.

Right centre, right defence is huge v St George. They are slowly changing with Gasnier re-signing but I have never seen a team so effective whilst going one way so obviously time and time again. St George really were left, left, left, left, left. It helped have their most dangerous running forward, Creagh being left sided. He is a really menacing attacking threat. Cooper is more noted for his defence.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

There is a strong rumour doing the rounds that Wigan have shown him the door!