Petition to stop Leeds council robbing Hunslet

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
exile in Tiger country

Petition to stop Leeds council robbing Hunslet

Post by exile in Tiger country »

HIST (Hunslet Independent Supporters Trust) has learned that Leeds City Council is planning to charge Hunslet Hawks £5000 rental for use of the South Leeds Stadium on Thursday 31 March when Hunslet play Dewsbury Rams in a Sky televised game. The amount being charged is exactly the same as the fee Hunslet would receive from Sky for allowing the game to be televised & is outwith the agreed annual rental terms for the stadium. Chairman of the Working Group Neil Hampshire said “The actions of the Council in this matter are despicable. They have a history of not supporting Hunslet from a continued failure to deliver the completed stadium that was promised when the club moved out of Elland Road in 1995, eventually costing us promotion to Super League in 1999, through the recent removal of 500 seats from the top tier of the stand without any explanation or consultation & now this. I suspect they did not adopt this approach with Leeds United when they owned Elland Road. I would urge the Council to seriously re – think their approach and ask people to get behind us in trying to get this appalling decision over turned. Anyone wanting to help can visit our website at www.hunslettrust.co.uk where there is a letter of complaint that people can download to send to the council leader or local council representative. We have also launched an on line petition that can be signed at www.petitions.tigweb.org/HunsletTrust which we will then be presented to the council so that they can see the depth of resentment they have caused. Our Trust is newly formed & we will be working hard to make Hunslet Hawks a strong part of the South Leeds Community. To that end we would expect & welcome the opportunity to work with the City Council as a supportive partner in our venture & hopefully avoid such matters as this coming to the fore in the future”

Please follow this link to sign the petition.

http://petitions.tigweb.org/HunsletTrus ... =221260200
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
the_cow

Re: Petition to stop Leeds council robbing Hunslet

Post by the_cow »

If it was anyone other than Hunslet I would have sympathy, but after my experiences of Hunslet fans when watching Blackpool Panthers, I couldn't give a flying!

The majority of Hunslet fans are uneducated chavs who intimidate opposing teams fans and then threaten violence. I have witnessed this on a number of occasions at a number of games.
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!