Mickey Dobson sacked?????

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Re: Mickey Dobson sacked?????

Post by Kittwazzer »

butt monkey wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:But whom did Wigan do it with?
Come on somebody.... Please put us out of our misery and answer the question. :)

I for the life of me, cannot remember Wigan making a short term overseas signing and de-registering an incumbent injured player in order to do so, then re-registering them later on same season.
Well I certainly don't remember that happening and CPs silence on the matter is conspicuous! Nearest comparative I can recall was SitheeSithee, but he retired injured and never played again IIRC!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

What makes this even more farcical is some KR fans reckon he doesn't count on the cap whilst de registered either.
If this is true, lets de register Fielden for a few months.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
botica

Post by botica »

The cap will still be affected as he has played..
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
exile in Tiger country

botica wrote:The cap will still be affected as he has played..
Thanks for that, I thought it unlikely.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Kittwazzer wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:But whom did Wigan do it with?
Come on somebody.... Please put us out of our misery and answer the question. :)

I for the life of me, cannot remember Wigan making a short term overseas signing and de-registering an incumbent injured player in order to do so, then re-registering them later on same season.
Well I certainly don't remember that happening and CPs silence on the matter is conspicuous! Nearest comparative I can recall was SitheeSithee, but he retired injured and never played again IIRC!
I can remember Wigan signing Phil Blake and Les Davison to replace Kevin Iro and Adrian Shelford for about 9 matches. Both Shelford and Iro were in the Kiwi touring party at the time. However, this was way before Super League/Salary Caps etc etc :eh:

I just want Mr Woods (apologies Kooch) to remind us which injured overseas player Wigan de-registered in order for a short term overseas signing replacement, then when fit, Wigan resign the original de-registered overseas player all in the same season.

IMO it hasn't happened as the overseas quota was much larger in previous years, so any signing would have been undertaken with spots available in the first place.

If this is allowed for Hull KR is sets an unseemly and controversial precedent.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
exile in Tiger country

butt monkey wrote: If this is allowed for Hull KR is sets an unseemly and controversial precedent.
I agree whole heartedly.
This must not be allowed, though according to the Hull and East Riding site:

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... ticle.html

KR have already been given the OK for this.

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
butt monkey wrote: If this is allowed for Hull KR is sets an unseemly and controversial precedent.
I agree whole heartedly.
This must not be allowed, though according to the Hull and East Riding site:

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... ticle.html

KR have already been given the OK for this.
In a statement issued today, the RFL said: "Michael Dobson's contract was terminated on Thursday March 10 and Willie Mason's registration was accepted.

"Hull KR have sought dispensation to be able to re-register Dobson later in the season, it has been indicated to them that it will be granted, subject to the usual regulations being met at the time.

"A number of operational rules allow for dispensation to be granted whilst others are absolute and non-discretionary. With the rules, where dispensation may be applied, each case is judged on its own merits.

"The rule is in place to prevent clubs from stockpiling overseas players and developing a carousel of player changes to their squads throughout a season."
Isn't this roughly what Hull KR are doing with this behaviour though? I mean why not simply follow the rules of the game and wait until clearance is given as all the other clubs have done/continue to do. This is, as has been mentioned, clearly against the "spirit of the game"
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Still does not alter the fact that he is a free-agent pending Willie's passport arriving. I'd love to see Stains move in on him! :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:Still does not alter the fact that he is a free-agent pending Willie's passport arriving. I'd love to see Stains move in on him! :lol:
No...I'd sooner he came to us even if we don't need him :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mr Woods wrote:
Kooch. If you look back at our history only a couple of seasons ago it will tell you we did the same thing twice
True, but there some big differences. Ours (I assume you mean Carney and O'Loughlin) weren't quota players, and they were out for the full season, not just a few games.