The End of the 'Great' Saints side?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

Re: The End of the 'Great' Saints side?

Post by GeoffN »

A lot of us saw this coming a couple of years ago. Their key players all due to end around the same time, and no real replacements coming through.

The Quins fans last night were singing "are you Widnes in disguise" :D :D
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

GeoffN wrote:A lot of us saw this coming a couple of years ago. Their key players all due to end around the same time, and no real replacements coming through.

The Quins fan* last night were singing "are you Widnes in disguise" :D :D
edited for accuracy.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote:
GeoffN wrote:A lot of us saw this coming a couple of years ago. Their key players all due to end around the same time, and no real replacements coming through.

The Quins fan* last night were singing "are you Widnes in disguise" :D :D
edited for accuracy.
:roll: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

ancientnloyal wrote:

The Quins fan* last night was* singing "are you Widnes in disguise" :D :D
edited for accuracy.
Re-edited for grammar! :lol:
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

There is nothing better than beating Saints, but I would hate to see them descend into terminal decline. They are a great club with an illustrious history and the game needs them to be competitive. Neither Wigan nor Super League can afford to lose them, so I hope they come through these current difficulties and remain strong - just like we had to do!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

georgeorwell wrote:There is nothing better than beating Saints, but I would hate to see them descend into terminal decline.
Me too. But I don't mind seeing them at 'death's door' for a month or two! :lol:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

We won't lose them, unless the low crowds cause them financial difficulties. There will always be clubs with worse criteria than them when the next franchising decisions come around.

I wouldn't mind seeing them at the bottom of SL for a few years... :D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

GeoffN wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing them at the bottom of SL for a few years... :D
Well there was no shortage of Schadenfreude when we were struggling so I'll just content myself with the old adage, what goes around...........! :lol:
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

KOOCH wrote:I sincerely hope that this is not the demise of Stains as a team. I have enjoyed our encounters over the years and it would not be the same to see a Stains side uncompetative. Much as I hate them as a club I do respect them as a playing side. Some have been memorable games and not always joyous ones.But to see the Stains in decline to the extent that we are expected to whitewash them is no good for the game from the spectator view point. Of course I do love to see us beat them every time we meet but I for one do not wish for a one sided game.I like to see a hard faught game with a victory going to us. At least you can say to yourselves on the way home God that was a bloody good game that was! So don't wish for the decline of Stains we need super league to be what it say's on the can Super League. Not mediocrity league. :D
But let's beat them at least 76-0 to shut them up!!
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

HGWarrior wrote:
KOOCH wrote:I sincerely hope that this is not the demise of Stains as a team. I have enjoyed our encounters over the years and it would not be the same to see a Stains side uncompetative. Much as I hate them as a club I do respect them as a playing side. Some have been memorable games and not always joyous ones.But to see the Stains in decline to the extent that we are expected to whitewash them is no good for the game from the spectator view point. Of course I do love to see us beat them every time we meet but I for one do not wish for a one sided game.I like to see a hard faught game with a victory going to us. At least you can say to yourselves on the way home God that was a bloody good game that was! So don't wish for the decline of Stains we need super league to be what it say's on the can Super League. Not mediocrity league. :D
80 nil then I will begin to feel good again.

But let's beat them at least 76-0 to shut them up!!
:D