Re: Is Joel Tomkins an idiot?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

His sending off incident? Not in general (if you read this joel :) )
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ganson YES a player no; not in the curcumstances. In fact the opposite. PLayers like Joel probably fired the rest up. In RL, any man v man physical contest you have to be prepared to go to war if the opposition are trying roughhouse tactics.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

But still going in with a hot head arms up like that... perhaps the vote is a bit mean to Joel.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It happens mate. Look at Origin, Test Matches. If the referee takes no action then the players have to defend themselves. Joel probably fired the other players up.
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

He should never have taken that ball in!!
WIGAN TILL I DIE

gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Like cp said he fired up the rest and this vote should be is Ganson an idiot, then my vote would have been yes.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

gillysmyhero wrote:Like cp said he fired up the rest and this vote should be is Ganson an idiot, then my vote would have been yes.
Well said my thoughts too, We all know what a spirited player joel is and Ganson should have sinbinned both players before joel went in with the elbow i feel. But then again Ganson was Showboating and never once did he pay any real attention to the treatment sam was getting

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

D0gz0fWar

Post by D0gz0fWar »

I'm going with NO!

Couldn't attend match due to family issues - but got to listen to some of it on WISH FM, sounds very much like the Joel incident was the fault of Ganson.
Yes i know Joel was the one throwing the punches, but Ganson needs to (no infact the whole of Superleague Referees need to) grow a pair, stop show boating and use the yellow cards for what they are meant for.
(and that doesn't mean just sin binning them for wearing a shirt that has Applicado FS on the front).
If Ganson had done this then the match would not have got down to this.
Just have a feeling this is exactly what Hudds will be doing next week.
RJ

Post by RJ »

Joel's reaction was understandable but unwise. Cherry Pie is right the game was lacklustre and Ganson's handling of it was questionable to say the least. I hope that we don't play like this too often as we looked devoid of ideas and certainly not a championship side.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

Joel saw Hull use bullying tactics on Sam through the match. then got invloved in a fight were Gansen, not for the first time in the match, did nothing so Joel went in with his elbow but the Hull player still through a couple of punches. is Joel an idiot? No its just passion and like others said that give us the encouragement and momentum we needed to win the match