Finch and Mellor

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AdamMac

Finch and Mellor

Post by AdamMac »

I have just read a tweet where a well known Guardian journalist alludes to wigan recalling Joe Mellor for Friday's game if Sam gets banned tonight and also that Finch could make the Wire game.

Would it not be better for us to recall Pryce and play him at centre with Marsh dropping into the full back roll? presuming all is not well with Amos. I'm sure CPWigan has mentioned in the past that Marsh has played or is more suited to the FB role.

Going off form Pryce is playing the better of the two loanees.
AdamMac

Re: Finch and Mellor

Post by AdamMac »

I agree with your opinion on Marsh Cherry but it begs the question, what is he suited to then? doesn't look up and can't pass aren't great attributes for a centre either.

If sam gets banned then Amos needs to step in for mine
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

thought pryce was on a season long loan and could not be recalled?
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

No Cumbria, they are both on an intial months loan.

I'm not pryce's biggest fan as he frustrates me as he can give so much more but I remember being at the Hudds game last year and they ripped us apart down on right with Marsh/Goulding at centre/wing. It just so happened that Pryce had his best game in a wigan shirt on the left wing as well.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

cherry.pie wrote: His running style means he never looks up to see potential passes and his passing is poor.
Hope he never asks you for a reference Cherry Pie.

sorry just made me laugh out loud when i read it.

I totally agree and as posted somewhere else, can't see how people rate him higher than Charnley.

We really need the club to let us know whats happening with the players, ok maybe the Gleeson situation is very sensative, but to have Amos in the squad but then no mention on matchday is just baffling.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

AdamMac wrote:I agree with your opinion on Marsh Cherry but it begs the question, what is he suited to then? doesn't look up and can't pass aren't great attributes for a centre either.

IMO Marsh is a winger and Josh Charnley is more a centre, but who am I to question Madge's decision to play Marsh at centre and Charnley on the wing. My opinion only of course.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

According to the press, Mellor has been recalled from Quins and is on standby for Friday!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
AdamMac wrote:I agree with your opinion on Marsh Cherry but it begs the question, what is he suited to then? doesn't look up and can't pass aren't great attributes for a centre either.

IMO Marsh is a winger and Josh Charnley is more a centre, but who am I to question Madge's decision to play Marsh at centre and Charnley on the wing. My opinion only of course.
I think we might see them that way round on Friday.

Roberts
Goulding
Charnley
Carmont
Marsh
Lockers
Leuluai
Prescott
McIlorum
Coley
Hansen
Hoffman
Farrell

Mossop
Lima
Tuson
Finch
Wes

Post by Wes »

isnt he doing this because charnley is a left centre and marsh a right centre therefore it makes more sense to keep them on their preffered side of the pitch? however im with you i think i would prefer charnley on the right with goulding and carmont marsh on the left to have optimum defence.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Glad to see King in the squad. I think he offers an swful lot as a winger.