Tri nations

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

Tri nations

Post by DaiJones »

I notice Tonie Carroll is in the Australia squad for the Tri Nations just a few years after being one of New Zealand's main men in the World Cup..that doesn't make international rugby league look a bit mickey mouse at all does it?
Fraggle

Re: Tri nations

Post by Fraggle »

DaiJones posted:
I notice Tonie Carroll is in the Australia squad for the Tri Nations just a few years after being one of New Zealand's main men in the World Cup..that doesn't make international rugby league look a bit mickey mouse at all does it?
Maybe, but remembering the people playing for Scotland, Ireland etc at the last world cup and Richard Lewis' insistence on getting rid of the GB team, I think I qualify to play for the Lebanon because I've seen the country on a map once.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed in Tonie Carroll. I always thought he was a good player and would be an asset to the Kiwis. However, it looks like he's gone for the team that always wins the trophies rather than trying to help break the status quo. I wonder what his former New Zealand teammates think about that?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Now DaiJones, remember that anyone can play for anybody in Rugby Yawnion, particularly if you are a south sea islander and want to play for either Australia or NZ.
I haven't forgotten either my prophesy that Wales' chance of winning the 5 nations+Italy was rated the same as Wigans chance of winning the Grand Final. That is still true :exc: :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

I know there is no way Rugby Union can laugh particularly giving Henry Paul a cap and offering one to Mark van Guisbergen from Wasps (a Kiwi of Dutch heritage with no English blood in him at all) and as for the assorted Welsh qualified players of recent heritage....however League needs to present it's international game as a realistic proposition and seeing the big chinned, Bluto lookalike hopping between teams does us as much good as seeing Bateman, Ellis and Devereux playing for Wales along with Ruth Madoc and Windsor Davies or whoever they roped in (Wes Davies)
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

PS You just watch Wales go this year Ian, I've every confidence
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

we need more rl world cups because i think the last one was in erm... 2000 and the next one is in 2007!! :o
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
pie_eater_uk

Post by pie_eater_uk »

2008 the next one is, the Union one is in 2007 which i dont think England RU have a chance to win.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaiJones, where to? :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ian.birchall posted:
DaiJones, where to? :lol:
Nobody knows.

But...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3715512.stm