Phil Baily retires

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gillysmyhero

Phil Baily retires

Post by gillysmyhero »

According to a the Salford website on facebook it says that he's retierd due to injury. Was a good player for Wigan but does anyone know if he actualy played for Salford or not?
Kiwiseddon

Phil Bailey retires

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Due to his recurring injury. Shame as he's a top bloke. He's retired rather than sitting around for two years collecting his salary. Shows the measure of the man.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
ancientnloyal

Re: Phil Baily retires

Post by ancientnloyal »

Not a game I believe.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... es?rss=yes

Salford Reds are poised to swoop for an Australian back rower to replace Phil Bailey, whose contract has been terminated.

Former Test star Bailey, who joined Reds from Wigan in the off-season, has been forced to retire having been dogged by major injury problems.

Bailey's departure from the Willows provides Reds with a vacancy on their overseas register and they need back row cover.

He ruptured his Achilles playing for Wigan and missed most of last season.

Bailey never played a competitive game for Salford after tearing his calf just days before the opening game against Crusaders.

Bailey said: ”I wish Salford every success in the future.

“I'm very disappointed not to be part of their exciting future plans but I have to accept this decision and will be retiring.”

Caretaker coach Steve Simms said Reds had done everything in their power to try and get Bailey fit but it was not to be, hence the need now to find a suitable replacement.

Reds, meanwhile could take more than 20 players to France for Saturday's Super League clash with Les Catalans.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

What a shame to end your career like this. I wish him all the very best for the future.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wiganwarriordave

Re: Phil Bailey retires

Post by wiganwarriordave »

Kiwiseddon wrote:Due to his recurring injury. Shame as he's a top bloke. He's retired rather than sitting around for two years collecting his salary. Shows the measure of the man.
Fully agree. Gutted for him, wish him all the best for the future.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

josie andrews wrote:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... es?rss=yes

Salford Reds are poised to swoop for an Australian back rower to replace Phil Bailey, whose contract has been terminated.

Former Test star Bailey, who joined Reds from Wigan in the off-season, has been forced to retire having been dogged by major injury problems.

Bailey's departure from the Willows provides Reds with a vacancy on their overseas register and they need back row cover.
Smells like another Chris Hicks "retirement" to me :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Perhaps but in truth even whilst recovering at Wigan there were grave doubts he would ever play again. Salford must be very stupid re player checks.
Webby1971

Best wishes to Phil Bailey

Post by Webby1971 »

Best wishes to Phil Bailey on the announcment of his premature retirement from the sport. Although he never set the world on fire he was so committed and professional and Im sure that rubbed off on some off the young lads who are now making headlines, he always gave his best and his last minute winning try at Headingley will live in my memory as one of the best moments supporting Wigan. Good luck Phil and thank you!
THE HAPPY SNAPPER

Re: Best wishes to Phil Bailey

Post by THE HAPPY SNAPPER »

He was a good servant to the club and I wish him a happy retirement as I'm sure we all do

BARROW WARRIOR