Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the winky one

Tonights game

Post by the winky one »

Anyone nervous? as usual my stomach is churning Think i need an immodium! Come On Wigan!! :doz: :doz:
gpartin

Re: Tonights game

Post by gpartin »

I'm shaking with anger at every single decision going to them. Bet we get a man sent off
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

was it just me or was Lima non existent tonight, think i only noticed him 3 times and he got stopped dead each of those
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

I agree uncle Albert was poor but he didn't affect the result. they were much better than us tonight.

we really need to sort our attack we're very scratchy.

I also thought they out muscled us they did to us what we usually do which is not allow a quick play of the ball.

jeff Lima is poor!!!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

No excuses best team won, one question though why wasn't Hoffmans try not given as benefit of the doubt, you couldn't tell who knocked on first.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

wire were better than us tonight. We looked disorganized in attack. Hopefully Finch will soon be up to speed and give us some more options. That said, I don't think that they could have played much better and us much worse. We'll get more out of the game than they will.

frog boy was shocking (the blythe knock on and the Hoffman steal being two of a long list of horrendous decisions) - although that said, he was not as shocking as eddie "marry me briers" hemmings; by the way he was going on it sounded like he was up for being passed around the communal bath with the wire players (although monaghan would probably stick with a labrador). The sooner sky get rid of his tired and sorry act the better.

If the RFL are even remotely consistent (which we all know they aren't) then by my reckoning westwood and bridge will be banned for throwing punches and higham will be out for a chicken wing. Bet none of them each reach the disciplinary!

Only a shame that Roberts didn't properly smash briers when he kicked through - that would have almost made the loss worth it.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

Bentham is from Warrington!! need I say more.

I agree benefit of the doubt should have been given.

best team won though. we seemed to lack fire.

why was that clown briers kicking off as well?!! what an absolute weapon!!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Can't complain. Don't think we completed more than 3 sets. Thought Sam was non-existant. Finch seemed to be playing to a game plan no-one else was aware of. Basically, we were a shambles and made Wire look better than they were. But they were better than us tonight!

I'm rambling now aren't I! :lol:
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

the performance from the men in pink deserved that result :angry:
Tomkins is still more interested in responding to taunts than playing a TEAM game :doz:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

How utterly shambolic was Alibert? Fit to referee? No.

Wigan were crap also and would have lost regardless of the ref in charge. We had no idea's in attack, no plan B... Charnley brought back down to earth on a night Ainscough carries on scoring 2.

Finch? May aswell have had finch from American Pie on the pitch, only thing he did was his solo try, missed tackles, missed passes, short passes no clues at all... but im sure he will come good, it's only his first game.

21,065 in tonight

Ears aching not used to the Binder drum in a few years :D

Warrington deserved it, good turnout also.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame