Wigan Walk

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WIGAN_IS_MY_RELIGION

Wigan Walk

Post by WIGAN_IS_MY_RELIGION »

Really anoyed tonight at the amount of fans that walked off early. As if getting beat by wire wasnt enough, they also out did us on the fans aswell at HOME. Tut Tut

Wen need to stay with the boys through the good times and th ugly! :angry:
Kittwazzer

Re: Wigan Walk

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wasting your time mate. There will always be people leaving when its all square with 5 minutes left!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It does my head in.

I always stay until the players have acknowledged the fans win or lose!

You've paid for 80 mins why can't you just stay for the 80??

This, "I'm leaving early to beat the traffic", sorry, but it does not wash with me.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WIGAN_IS_MY_RELIGION

Post by WIGAN_IS_MY_RELIGION »

Well said Josie, me to really anoy's me all the flags we see etc 'wigan till i die' and can even stay for the final hooter.

But hey hoo bring on leeds next week, we will rock headingley! :eusa3:
onedego

Post by onedego »

i did find it rather annoying. I even said to one lad "is that it? You going? they bust their arse for 80 minutes and you can't be bothered to stay to say thanks?"

didnt get a reply... but he was holding a Wigan Athletic bag, while wearing a Warrior shirt.....
botica

Post by botica »

Annoys me too especially when opposition fans make a mockery of us..

When i go and watch the warriors i have wrote my night off, who cares if i can get back 5 mins on the journey home.

:sly:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

WIGAN_IS_MY_REL​IGION​ wrote:Really anoyed tonight at the amount of fans that walked off early. As if getting beat by wire wasnt enough, they also out did us on the fans aswell at HOME. Tut Tut

Wen need to stay with the boys through the good times and th ugly! :angry:
I really don't think there was one and to be honest I think you're guilty of perpetuating an urban myth. Playing into our rivals hands. Some people left but no more than you'd see at other grounds given the similar circumstances. You're pouring fuel on something that oppo fans like to shout about and unfairly so IMO
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Get over yourselves. People pay their money and are entitled to arrive and leave when they please.

If you want to take a swipe, aim it at the 20,000 extra 'fans' who turn up at Wembley or Old Trafford!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Its ok if your local or don't have to be anywhere but for me sometimes, leaving the match a couple of minutes earlier can be the difference between my journey taking an hour or an hour and a half, and the fuel costs associated with that. Its rare that I can afford the journey as it is these days but there are always plenty of Wigan fans crossing the pennines when I do. Its also sometimes the difference between me being able to have a night out doing the quiz or not. Different people have different reasons, and quite frankly its nobody's business but there's.

As well as all the tag alongs who only go to Grand Finals the stick should perhaps also be aimed at those who stay to the end so they can boo after we've lost because at times under Nobby there were more of these than people going home. Eddie Hemmings never fails to mention it when our fans leave early but very rarely does it when other teams do the same thing so I'm disappointed our own fans are jumping on this bandwagon. I'd suggest you concentrate on the last few minutes of a lost game which is obviously so important rather than tutting at your own fans or making comments. When I lived in Manchester I ended up having to hitchhike back one night because I stayed til the final whistle to clap the players and missed the last train, hardly worth it to avoid the stigma of being labelled a Wigan walker by self-righteous ignoramuses and its not a mistake I ever made again.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gpartin wrote: When I lived in Manchester I ended up having to hitchhike back one night because I stayed til the final whistle to clap the players and missed the last train, hardly worth it to avoid the stigma of being labelled a Wigan walker by self-righteous ignoramuses and its not a mistake I ever made again.
Well as you know I live in Chester and once I have cleared the car park it is a pretty clear run home on a Friday night. Much more so than say after a 3.00pm kick off on a Sunday.

So I stay to the end. Win or lose. But it's not out of some OTT sense of loyalty. I wait for the hooter and if the team have been poor I just leave as soon as I can.