James Child...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
exile in Tiger country

James Child...

Post by exile in Tiger country »

As it seems both Agar and Matterson have criticised Child's performamce tonight, surely the RFL must review his standing as a full time paid referee?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Re: James Child...

Post by Kittwazzer »

Hopefully, but I doubt it!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A worry is

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 444195.stm

If the RFL start sending Child to clubs that haven't complained about him we could end up seeing him at the DW. Catalans is a safe fixture. No away fans etc no TV :( :(

IMO it shows why we should have the 2 referee system as it is in the NRL now whereby still one referee but a younger more inexperienced referee acts as the pocket referee just assisting the main referee. Excellent way to develop and gain experience.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Maybe the RFL could point out to Kath Hetherington that she keeps an underperforming coach in employment!
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Kath and Agar need to start looking closer to home regardless of the referee. I'm all for teams complaining about refs to the RFL but complaining to the media is ridiculous and they should be done for bringing the game into disrepute.

A mate of mine who's a Cas fan was telling me that in the last 2 games Child has reffed for them there's been 70 odd penalties!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Child seems to be refereeing to the letter of the law and what this shows is that unless you apply common sense you could find a penalty for either team at virtually every tackle. Sport is an entertainment business though.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'm not sure that instigating complaints about the referee does anyone any good in the long run. But if a ref is blowing every minute it does make you wonder whether he is a fan of the game himself and ever gets enjoyment as a spectator!
D0gz0fWar

Post by D0gz0fWar »

From the RFL Guideline (page 246)

Criticism of Official
(i) No Person subject to these Operational Rules shall publish or cause to be published (or
give any interview to the media by whatsoever medium) which contains criticism of the
character of a Match Official or criticism of the manner in which a Match Official has
officiated at a game in which the Club or Player has taken part, or of any other game
under the control of the RFL.

Me thinks Hull will be in trouble!!!
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

Brian Carney was right last week when he said referee's are nerds!.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Gew'on lad!
Hull FC have made an official complaint to the Rugby Football League over the performance of referee James Child.

Coach Richard Agar described his performance in Friday night's 20-18 defeat to Castleford as 'disgraceful'.

And chairperson Kath Hetherington told BBC Radio Humberside that she has complained to the match commissioner.

"Referees are going to make mistakes," she said. "But, if a player isn't up to it, the coach drops him, and the Rugby League need to look at this."

Hetherington added: "There's a level of competence at this level and you can't accept a certain level.

"When players from both sides are telling you it's a joke, it's time the Rugby Football League listened.

I saw this bloke referee a trial game between Salford and Hull KR and I thought: 'I'm dreading when we get him'

Hull FC coach Richard Agar
"It's not the first time this particular referee has been called into question and I would expect them to have a look at it, the same as we would if a player kept making mistake after mistake, week in and week out."

Child, who is in his third season as a Super League referee, awarded 27 penalties during the game, as well as dismissing Hull FC player Sean Long and sin-binning Lee Radford.

"Just a disgraceful performance," said Agar. "I don't know what the point is talking about the game.

"The game was completely ruined by him. It's baffling.

"He won't be under pressure will he? He'll be backing up in Super League next week and we'll get a sheet round telling us all his decisions have been the right ones, I guarantee you that.

"I'm angry. I saw this bloke referee a trial game between Salford and Hull KR and I thought: 'I'm dreading when we get him'.

"Sure enough he's backed it up. I've got seasoned Test players in there coming in shaking their heads in disbelief."

"It's just been a good game and a good spectacle completely ruined by one bloke."

The defeat for Hull sees them lie in 10th in the Super League table, having lost six of their opening eight games.
:D
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame