Leeds Shirt (within the rules or bending the rules!)

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
D0gz0fWar

Leeds Shirt (within the rules or bending the rules!)

Post by D0gz0fWar »

Just finished watching again on Sky, one question i have to ask is, are Rugby League teams allowed to adapt playing kits for an advantage. I ask this purely because when you look at the Leeds Kit (don't do it for long it hurts) they seem to have pads (sticky grips) down both side! Is this Legal????? If it is why have other teams not taken this on board and adapted playing kits!
cumbria_warrior

Re: Leeds Shirt (within the rules or bending the rules!)

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Leeds have had these small round clear pads on there shirt for the last few years, there just like what you can buy to stop kitchen cupboard doors banging lol. But yes they probably do help grip the ball
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

England RU have the same sort of material on their shirts. No one else in the league as the pattening on their shirt.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I don't see anything wrong with it. It may help the ball "stick" when they catch it, but that's about all. It's like when some players used to wear those gloves a few years ago, and when clubs started wearing skin tight shirts, to try and stop the opposition from grabbing them.
It's certainly not helped Leeds so far this season :)

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I thought this type of thing was banned becasue of a risk of injury to the tackling player?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Dont know how they would injure the tackling player