why does expansion have to be geographical?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
deancartwright1990

why does expansion have to be geographical?

Post by deancartwright1990 »

why does expansion for rugby league have to be in london france n crusaders although i like the away days and quins n catalan are doing well but why dont we try to expand the game to the rugby ledague heartlands and get try to expand the game to people anot interested in rugby league or that have not been in years in the likes of wigan widnes wakefield huddersfield st hyelens bradford leeds etc ?.. well the super league n championship clubs now.... leeds and wigan have the top attendances but leeds is a city so proves wigan are superior supporters also huddersfield v warrington 1st v second 7000+ just on is rather pathetic the rfl should try to market and expand the game with the areas that want the game??
exile in Tiger country

Re: why does expansion have to be geographical?

Post by exile in Tiger country »

The RFL don't run the game any longer, it is run by SKY. Murdoch and his cronies want geographical expansion because with geograpical expansion comes greater viewing figures which in turn increases advertising revenue.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09