Michael Maguire To Leave Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
THE 18th Man

Michael Maguire To Leave Wigan

Post by THE 18th Man »

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 886&type=1

Wigan Rugby League Club announces the decision by Michael Maguire, advised to the Club today, to leave his position as Head Coach of Wigan Warriors at the end of the 2011 season to return to Australia to take up the position as Head Coach at South Sydney Rabbitohs in the NRL.

We thank Michael for his efforts in 2010 and in leading Wigan to win the League Leaders trophy and the Grand Final. We look forward to a second successful season under Michael in 2011.

THE 18th Man

Re: Michael Maguire To Leave Wigan

Post by THE 18th Man »

so he's leaving. quite sad at the news and i thank him for 2010 and heres hoping 2011 brings more success before he leaves

But who gets the hot seat next?

Wane, Lam, Edwards or other. we shall see
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Gutted but to be expected really.

I'd like to see Lam in charge with wane as number two
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Morph wrote:Go, just go now.
why morph? he's obviously very profesional in how he operates, so it won't be a problem. leave us on another high that's what i say! also it gives IL 6 months to find the right head coach whether it be from within or not
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I feel let down really, we finally start to show what we can do and then we are hit with this. No wonder the lads have had a few poor performances before tonight. So who will be next
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

If Shaun Wane is going to be the replacement I totally agree.

Thanks for the 2010 season Madge, but I am a bit hacked off with our Aussies not wanting to fulfil their contracts of late
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Speculation on RLFans that Hoffman is to return to the NRL at the end of this season too. Not too much of a surprise though, wasn't he on a 12 month deal with an option of a further 12 months.

My only worry about the news regarding Madge is the effect it will have on players like Finch & Lima.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I don't understand this sentence - any thought gone into it?

I suppose breaking the mould & taking out a Grand Final & being wellplaced again this year so early on in the season, after a great effort against St George, and other disruptions, ain't enough.

Most fans have faith in Madge, or will he not give a damn now?

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

He was only ever going to be here 3 years at most. So he's going back a year early. The man is a pro. He will want to leave on a high. At least the uncertainty is now behind us. And as said. Mr L has 6 months to sort the coaching team out for next year!
matt3009

Post by matt3009 »

to say i feel disappointed would be an under statement, it may or may not be true but i think he raised his stock last year with us and has now received a name your price offer from oz. gutted but thanks for last year
it will be interesting to see if the hoff goes with him!!! :sad: