Mick Hogan still at it.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ancientnloyal

Mick Hogan still at it.

Post by ancientnloyal »

Was up at Reebok today got talking to a southerner supporting Sale (you know the type) and asked him how Hogan was doing. He said that Sale at the start of the season had ticketing problems and was a major mess up, anyway Hogan phonecalled this guy to explain and apologise. He was gobsmacked that a Cheif Exec would do this.

The Sale/Exiles game at the Reebok got 16,500 which otherwise would have had 6,000 even with cheap tickets and 20 miles away it's a decent turnout.

Just a shame we let him go isnt it just think how better Wigan would be with him still on board.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cumbria_warrior

Re: Mick Hogan still at it.

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Mick was a great guy, I had about a 3/4 of an hour conversation with him when he called me about having to play at widnes a few year ago, really genuine and open about things. He is surely a miss to the club
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Mick was a great guy, I had about a 3/4 of an hour conversation with him when he called me about having to play at widnes a few year ago, really genuine and open about things. He is surely a miss to the club

If not mistaken, he also renaged his contract at Wigan as ceo, after only about a year or so into it. Announced he was going to sale & quit immediately, unlike a certain coach, but that open up a new can of worms !
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

How on earth could they get a crowd of 16,500 for the Union game at the Reebok. There have been a lot of free and cheap tickets and people coming from a very wide area.

I say this because when Orrell played Bath and Leicester in 1996 at Central Park, they only got crowds of around 2,500 and 3,500 and they were mostly from Bath and Leicester.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I dont think LL and MH saw eye to eye on many things.
the_cow

Post by the_cow »

I was there also today at the Reebok. Paid £11 for a decent ticket behind the sticks. I think the crowd would have been bigger if they hadn't picked a day whereby all the ru clubs in the area would have played that afternoon. However, that said, there was not 16,500 there- that must have just been ticket sales. Was surprised how many Irish fans were there- I wouldn't travel up from London to watch that every fortnight!

In terms of the game, I was surprised how much the ball was actually in play. A lot of the game is played in the middle areas of the pitch rather than end to end like rl. Was a nice relaxed environment- nowhere near as much noise as rl games, but no knobheads either. There were also loads of posh hot totty which adds a nice distraction when the play gets slow.

Would I watch top level domestic ru again? Yes. Would I travel to Stockport to watch it? No.

NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!