St Georges Day Stuff - Today

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
onedego

St Georges Day Stuff - Today

Post by onedego »

I have got to say, i thought that the Wigan Management team did an awesome job today.

The tennor was fantastic. I can honestly say, i think he may be the best i've seen in recent years. And to see 45 Commando come out with St Georges Flags to amazing applause was great.

I have to hand it to Wigan & Saints fans combined for observing the minutes silence impecably. Aside from one or two ar$3holes, who you always seem to get at these things (probably Latics fans come for a day out to experience the winning feeling), we all did ourselves proud!

Well done to 45 for having the balls to do what they do for a day job and then, on what is essentially a day off, taking to a rugby field in front of 24'000 people... hats off to those men & women.

Great day had by all... I even sang the national anthem, wouldn't mind so much but I dont beleive in god, and i'm not a fan of the queen.
josie andrews

Re: St Georges Day Stuff - Today

Post by josie andrews »

I thought it was a very moving start to the game. I got goosebumps when Jerusalem was being sung :blush:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Salsa Caliente

Re: St Georges Day Stuff - Today

Post by Salsa Caliente »

Beautiful weather, great result, well managed marketing of the match and a theme that was a fitting tribute to all the men and women who put their bodies on the line for something that's worth more than two points on the League table.

Well done to the Wigan management team, the players and fans of both teams.