Browser layout

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Browser layout

Post by GeoffN »

Mike posted:
MrsLam posted:
How do you mean it doesn't look right Mike? I've just got onto that firefox one and it looks the same on here as on my other explorer. :conf:
The site doesn't look majorly different, its just not quite the same as I wanted it. The site will still work fine in IE, but it gets laid out a bit wrong.

A couple of things I noticed are.

On my IE the front page looks wrong - with the right hand side boxes slightly overlapping the middle content and being different widths.

On the News list page, the content in the middle doesn't span the full width of the column.
It's fine on mine. Might depend on screen size and resolution chosen.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Mike posted:
I think that's Venture Scouts - or it was when I was young.... :eusa16:
It was in the day Mike but me sister now assures me that it's Explorers, unless it's anything to do with her going to Sea Scouts beforehand?!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mike posted:
The site doesn't look majorly different, its just not quite the same as I wanted it. The site will still work fine in IE, but it gets laid out a bit wrong.

A couple of things I noticed are.

On my IE the front page looks wrong - with the right hand side boxes slightly overlapping the middle content and being different widths.

On the News list page, the content in the middle doesn't span the full width of the column.
The only issue I've got is with the varying page widths, although I guess there are still people using 800 x 600 screens so not going to the full page width probably isn't a good idea. It's just a bit odd sometimes when the right hand margin moves a couple of inches left or right across the screen!

I've not tried the site with Mozilla yet but I will do, I've had to install it because of Javascript problems with IE. Too many security options for me to try working out what's gone wrong.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I use Opera and Firefox. An interesitng difference between the two is that with Opera the background is plain white whereas with Firefox there are cheery and white "hoops" going across the screen.

I prefer looking at the site in Opera as the red and white lines in the "white space" to the right of the screen are distracting and hard on the eyes.

Dave
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO posted:
I prefer looking at the site in Opera as the red and white lines in the "white space" to the right of the screen are distracting and hard on the eyes.

Dave
You should be able to pick a different colour scheme (one without the stripes) by clicking on a kit at the top fo the page. THe away kits don't have stripes.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mike, my terminology I'm afraid, I meant these discussion pages like the one we are on now
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ian.birchall posted:
Mike, my terminology I'm afraid, I meant these discussion pages like the one we are on now
Ah, in that case ... that's what it should look like.
I made the site designed for a 800-600 screen size in common with many other sites. I am supprised it was full width on your browser, even on my IE it is almost the right size.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

Still coonfused??? :conf: I didnt know you could get any groups after scouts!!! I thought they all went off and played with drugs instead!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!