Injuries

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Injuries

Post by First Try Tickle »

Well after everyone seemed to think we had more second rowers than any other team, we now seem to be struggling.

Hanson out and Jeol missing today.

Hoffman was struggling before the match and went off and didn't return, and then Mossop looks like he was having problems with his shoulder again.

Come on Gareth Hock, we need your early....
Kittwazzer

Re: Injuries

Post by Kittwazzer »

I think H is the only real injury. Joel has a niggling calf and was rested. We can always bring Jonny Walker in next week. He was awesome in the 20s last week!
onedego

Post by onedego »

Hoff has both of his ankles strapped when he came out of the players entrance (bear foot otherwise) but he seemed to be walking normally. Possibly just a knock.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

The good thing about having Barrow next week will be the players with knocks can be rested .

It seems like a good time being around the mid point in the season .

But lets not forget Farrell and Tuson are more than able subs .

For me we don`t hhave a problem in the second row .
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

we have more quality and depth at second row than anybody else i think.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

George has had an injection in his knee today & will assessed later in the week. May be rested for Barrow game.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I hope we rest some players. Give Joel, George, Liam Farrell (looks like he needs a rest IMO to freshen up the week off. I would even have Sam powell on the bench or starting to interchange or give Deacs a break/game off.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'd like to see Dom, Sam, Joe and Matty come in for this but I can't see it. Wembley has to be Madge's priority this season and I can't see him taking many chances.

Hope I'm wrong!
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

Was it 2 or 3 years ago when we last played Barrow at their place? They gave us a game that day (admittedly we had Smith in the halves) as did Sheffield last year. I think we should always be careful about resting too many first team players. It is Wembley for these smaller clubs and they do up their games against SL clubs (even more so against Wigan).

By all means give a couple of the guys who are ready to break in to the first team a try out - but I think 4 is too many.
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

According to the Observer, Madge is taking no chances and will field his strongest team.