Hybrid Rugby

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Hybrid Rugby

Post by cpwigan »

x Wigan Warrior x

Re: Hybrid Rugby

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Just looks like they are trying to make union a better game and league a slower game to me.
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Old Story already been discussed at length on Sky Sports.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 52,00.html
greek says May 5, 2011 6:52am

Why don't you RL supporters mind your own business. In my opinion RU is a far more entertaining sport. The trouble with you RL guys is you don't have the intelligence to understand the suttleties that go on in the scrum and lineouts. Unfortunately, we are going through a transition period caused by idiot people changing the rules of the game, hopefully common sense will prevail and we can return the game back to what it was in the seventies. Bye the way, we in RU had to put up with RL poaching our best players when the game was amateur, so as far as I am concerned it's pay back time.
uprichlad says May 4, 2011 7:57pm

League is so boring compared to union just repetitive and there are never any good tries i remember watching best super league tries of the year i think all of one wud be half decent in union. Union is the far superior code
jonesy000000 says May 4, 2011 6:51pm

The only people that need this are the Aussies. If they can't make Union work then so be it, the rest of the world is either Union or happy with the status quo. I'll stick with the infinitely more varied game, Union.
kobashi says May 4, 2011 2:07pm

Rugby Union is struggling in Australia. Super Rugby gets hammered by NRL in TV ratings, in Australia, Union is a minority sport, way behind Rugby League, AFL and possibly even soccer. These Hybrid rules are in place to benefit Union as they are the code that is in trouble while Rugby League is doing great. Keebra Park already embarrassed Australia Rugby Union last year when they won the ARU Schools Rugby Sevens tournament. They beat the best Australia Rugby Union had to offer without even knowing the rules!
mattrafcd says May 4, 2011 10:24am

garbage, get rid of union altogether. its too stop/start with all the technical infringements which make for unbelievably boring games. get rid and put the money where it should be. the finest spectator sport behind football is rugby league and this season especially is proving that point. also it would stop the union teams stealing the best young talent in the game. the only thing wrong (?) with RL is its a bit too northern based (no fault of their own).
britishleagueis says May 6, 2011 7:25am

^ Your having a laugh mate. British rugby league is awfully boring especially compared to the NRL.
kobati says May 6, 2011 2:30am

is that why rugby union is growing all over the world and has the bigeest world cup of the two codes? seem to me more people find rugby league boring than rugby.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

[quote="butt monkey"]

Why don't you RL supporters mind your own business. In my opinion RU is a far more entertaining sport. The trouble with you RL guys is you don't have the intelligence to understand the suttleties that go on in the scrum and lineouts.

We may be idiots but at least we can spell subtleties. Moron.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

yoda....... today the Semi-Final of your league championship was played by supposedly the 2nd and 3rd best team in your league, However only one try was scored throughout the whole 80mins and that team didnt even win the game, IMO figures like this make your game laughable
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

You've got the wrong end of the stick.

this was a quote from an RU fan on sky sports website

Why don't you RL supporters mind your own business. In my opinion RU is a far more entertaining sport. The trouble with you RL guys is you don't have the intelligence to understand the suttleties that go on in the scrum and lineouts.

This was my bit

We may be idiots but at least we can spell subtleties. Moron.[/quote]

Wes

Post by Wes »

I think Jonathon Davies described it best, in union you get cold!

Union is marketed and sold better hands down but if you asked any of their top brass, they would take our product hands down!

Its the same argument with football and I have a simple answer, IMO RL is the best sport in the world, I enjoy watching it so Ill watch my sport and others can watch their sports!