Degale vs Groves place ya bets!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wigan_forever1985

Degale vs Groves place ya bets!

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

who do we thinks gonna win then?

Personally i would love to see Degale destroyed, in reality i think it will be an interesting fight.

Degale has looked comfortable in all his fights, apart from his last which IMO he was helped massively by the ref. Having said that he'd fought no-one of merit or potential.

Groves, well he hasnt looked as good as degale but i believe he's fought the harder fights of the 2.

Degale is a typical Warren product flashy throws a lot of punches very few land but it looks impressive to the untrained eye. Groves is more of a froch style fighter (GP's fave) unpolished however he doesnt have frochs iron chin.

I think the whole fight will depend on how Degale reacts to being hit with venom and pushed back. Prince Naz was an excellent come forward fighter as soon as he found someone he couldnt blast out of there he struggled and lost as is the theme with most warren fighters, they are that used to bowling over nobodies they dont know what to do when the opponent doesnt go down just from a flurry of punches

The ref will be important too. British ref's ESP in Warren fights tend to stop fights far too early IMO

Im gonna go with Grove simply because i want him to win

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wes

Re: Degale vs Groves place ya bets!

Post by Wes »

Your only as good as the guy in front of you, DeGales last outing was awful but against Paul Smith he was awesome.

Im split on this one in terms of loyalties, I like DeGale not a fan of Warren, I dont dislike Groves but I like team Booth/Hayemaker.

DeGale will win by knock out he adjusts to his opponents too well Groves is the kind of 1 dimensional tough nut, but I could be wrong!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Degale to win
Wes

Post by Wes »

Think Im gonna put a cheeky fiver on DeGale KO 4th round, I dont think Groves has a good base his footwork is very messy a good shot timed to perfection will stop him dead!
Wigan_forever1985

remember degale is not a big hitter really he's a flurry puncher.

Im unconvinced with degale, i think you will know who is going to win after the first round. I know my eyes are being tinted by the fact i really dislike degale, and indeed anyone who fights out of warren's camp but i really hope groves knocks him on his ass!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wes

Post by Wes »

They are both big hitters in a decieving manner their records speak for themselves and to be honest whoever loses still has a big future in boxing, I think the genuine hate these 2 have for each over may make this the next trilogy of british super fights.

DeGale has far better footwork and a strong defensive base, I think Groves can be sloppy but it should make for a great fight, not sure if you watched Groves vs Anderson, he was very lucky in this fight and was in trouble a few times the difference is DeGale has very good hand speed in comparison to Anderson, I just think he will be too much for Groves.

I know what you mean about Warren though, slimey guy and I aint a fan of him either!

Still gona put a cheeky fiver on DeGale to win in the 4th.
Wigan_forever1985

Trouble is if your a warren fighter your record is filled with stolen K.O's you look at the people Degales fought?, my gran could knock half of them out!.

And when he fought for the lonsdale belt the ref jumped in literally at the first possible time he could was stopped far far too early. What made me laugh though is in the same night beaulu (spelling) was knocked down twice! and the fight wasnts stopped he knocks the guy down once and it is.

Warren fighters always have the ref on their side, most fights being stopped before the opponent has even been on the canvas!.

I know what your saying about degale but im not going to make my mind up before ive seen him fight someone who isnt in there just for a paycheck.

Ive long since said Joe Calazaghe for me will never be a legend for that very same reason, to my knowledge he fought 1 legitimate fighter all his career and that was kessler, everyone else was a has been or never was.

Wes

Post by Wes »

Yes totally agree with you on Calzaghe he was lucky to be in the weight division when everyone else wass mediocre, Joe had some skills and a pretty decent chin but there was no opponents for him you are correct. I think Joe could have moved up or down for a challenge but never did because he knew he was in a comfort zone.

I suppose come sunday we will know the result and we will have to wait until then however I think DeGale has too much and Smith was no pay day it was a genuine fight.

TBH I like DeGale but IMO the best british fighter we have at the moment is Jon Murray, 12-18 month and he should be pitching himself to some top world class names.

Good times though at the moment there is a lot of british talent around!
Wigan_forever1985

JC did have a chance early on in his reign to go over to america when the likes of hopkins, jones jr, trinidad etc were fighting eachother but warren refused to let him fight outside of the uk, he was making far too much money off him.

I think your right in Degale having the edge boxing talent wise i just dont know how he would react when he is put under pressure. I know groves struggled in his fight but! he will have learnt a hell of a lot from that tape, what has Degale had to learn in his fights so far?. Long term Degale has the potential to be a great he has the toolset, if he could get rid of his god-complex and warren it would be beneficial, Khan has been much more likeable since he left the warren stables and it must be said a much better fighter.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I think Paul Smith gave DeGale more than people realise, the difference was DeGale adapted and overcame him in his own back yard, a lot of people where writing DeGale off. He plays up to the camera granted but hes a good lad at heart, I think like many other boxers have and will, when he realises Warren is for himself not his fighters he will move stables but Warren is a good option for young fighters starting out on the pro road.

Khan is talented but he too avoids the tougher options I personally dont like him or rate him, he had a very good selection of fighters to choose from for his last bout, but he chose McCloskey. There where 2 reasons why, he knew he could win, and he bullied the negotiations and got a better purse.

Khan now has too many £$£$£$£$£ signs in his eyes as soon as he fights a real fighter he will lose. Marquez would have been an excellent fight now which would have opened the door for Mayweather/Pacman whilst at the same time letting everyone see how good Khan really is!