Paul Deacon

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Paul Deacon

Post by Wes »

Matthew

Re: Paul Deacon

Post by Matthew »

He would be very useful to keep as back up.

From the wording of the bit about George, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else tries to convince him to keep playing and offers him a contract for next year...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

If we could set up some form of Pay by play basis within the salary cap rules (not sure if this is possible) id say defiantly!, he can still put a kick on the head of a pin and provides an elder statesman's head in the halves.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

According to his comments in this weeks Observer, Deacs has not closed the door on playing in 2012. George on the other hand is adamant that he doesn't want to play one season too many. Says his knocks take longer to recover from and, having been 10 years away from home, he wants his kids to settle in NZ schools and see something of their grandparents!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Very wise man George Carmont real good athlete and a perfect role model for the youth!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think players that have been in SL past their testimonial or 10 years with 'x' amount of clubs shouldn't be part of a clubs full salary cap.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i think we should keep deac's playing another year after all look at our form while he was out injured. He is a steadying influence and the best kicker at the club by miles.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Deacs and George are both worth a new contracts based on their prformances, the biggest problem is can their bodies take another beating. Only they can decide. Top class pros both of whom will be a big miss.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

It will be a sad loss to rugby league as a whole when these two finally hang the boots up for good. I can see the argument for keeping both players for another season but as already stated would the bodies hold up ? And that is my only concern.As MM states quite righly.Retirement is a long time.Both have been tremendous servants to both rugby league and Wigan and they would go into retirement with my best wishes and immense thanks.I do expect Deacs to consider playing on in an emergency role only and George to retire.George does seem to be picking up more and more knocks with each and every game so would come as no surprise if he decided that this was it.Make the right choice for yourselves guys. :D
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

KOOCH wrote:I do expect Deacs to consider playing on in an emergency role only and George to retire.
It was indicated at the fans forum that Deacs may play on after this season.

He couldn't consider playing in an emergency as if he has a coaching role at the club all his salary would be included in the salary cap.
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!