Re: Shaun Wane - Give him a chance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bruno

Post by bruno »

i think he has got the job already if he hasnt then he should have cant see why IL is dragging his feet
:conf: bruno
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I hope Ian Lenagan doesn't take too long to name the person taking over from Maguire next season because in the next few months teams will start preparing for next season and Wigan don't want to be left behind.

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I would like Shaun Wane to be given the chance to be head coach.My only concern is that as fans we will expect great things from him from the very start. And as with most sports fans can soon turn into abusive fans if the goods are not forthcoming very quickly. Over the years coaches have been shown the early door whilst not being able to implement a long term plan. I sincerely hope that this will not be the case with Shaun as I feel given the chance to create he will produce a good solid team.Whilst it as only been two years in the learning curve under MM I would bet he's taken on board all that can education wise.One things for sure, the defence will be awesome.IL give him the job now. :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bruno wrote:i think he has got the job already
:conf: bruno
:exc: :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OJ

Post by OJ »

josie andrews wrote: :exc: :roll:
Methinks you are being a provocative little Josie - had the tumbler to the boardroom wall again have you or has the Chairman given you your much deserved seat on the board now that he knows who you are? :D
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

seem to recall IL stating that he had wished that MM had stayed for the length of his contract and had been hoping that we could have kept him for longer, so if this was the case then SW would not have seen the head coach job until at least another 2 or 3 yaers, if all had gone to plan, so will SW now take control of the team that he wouldn't have got hold of for another few seasons or will we bring in some cocky young up n coming Aussie.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

medlocke wrote:seem to recall IL stating that he had wished that MM had stayed for the length of his contract and had been hoping that we could have kept him for longer, so if this was the case then SW would not have seen the head coach job until at least another 2 or 3 yaers, if all had gone to plan, so will SW now take control of the team that he wouldn't have got hold of for another few seasons or will we bring in some cocky young up n coming Aussie.
More to the point, IF Wane gets the top job, who will be his assistant if the rumours about attempting to delay Deacons retirement are true?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

In my opinion Wane should get the job because it would bring continuity. Things have been going in the right direction since Madge and Wane took over the coaching and I think appointing a new man from outside (even if he was a top Aussie coach) would risk a change of direction we don't need.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I have to say the longer no announcement is made the longer you think Wane could be very unlucky. Why delay it otherwise and remember Noble how prolonged that was. My information was Wane has got the job but the lack of announcement concerns me.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

cpwigan wrote:I have to say the longer no announcement is made the longer you think Wane could be very unlucky. Why delay it otherwise and remember Noble how prolonged that was. My information was Wane has got the job but the lack of announcement concerns me.
Mine too. Do you think that IL just loves to make us wait.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."