Re: BBC/Challenge Cup

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

Would rather have Dave Woods commentary than Eddie Hemmings anyday!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The Beeb are pathetic where RL are concerned & there isn't any consistency with their broadcasting of the CC.

Todays game is on BBC HD, tomorrows game is on ordinary BBC2 :( what is the difference between the two games, why can't they both be shown on HD???
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

PorterjohLam wrote:What rubbish.

Clare Balding should stick with the horses, Brian Noble shouldn't be anywhere near analysing rugby with his tiny brain, the man-love for John Kear is embarrasing and Jonathan Davies and his stupid whiny voice and lack of RL knowledge makes me want to put a brick through my TV.

Reckon I'd better watch on mute tomorrow.
Jonathan Davies does have a good rugby league brain having played to a high standard.Agree whole heartedly about Clare Balding though.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Whatever you might think of her as a person, she does have a passion for RL, which for the Beeb is extraordinary
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

butt monkey wrote:Whatever you might think of her as a person, she does have a passion for RL, which for the Beeb is extraordinary
Agreed, a down to earth person and a RL convert.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

There was a brilliant commentator on Wish FM a few years ago, he had a really infectious style, i can't remember his name but i think he went to work at Wigan Athletic in their press Department, think it was Matt somebody, shame we can't get him :eusa16:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

The atmosphere at todays game would have been fantastic for a local derby and the fact that it was a knock out game. The BBC do a good job of making it seem like its in an empty ground by not having any microphones on the crowd and having Silverwood's turned right up. The sooner they lose the rights to the cup the better they make our sport seem so amateur!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I don't mind Noble being part of the team at least he knows what he is talking about, Balding, Woods and Davies haven't a clue about the game, its just embarrassing for the sport when they get the rules and the names of players wrong. The worst out of the usually BBC team is John Kear, he is so biased its unbelievable.

You know the BBC are doing a rubbish job when people who haven't seen the sport before start correcting the mistakes the commentators make and that seems to happen when ever I get people to watch the sport.
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

Matt McCann, I think he is working at Derby County now.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

platt-warrior wrote:
butt monkey wrote:Whatever you might think of her as a person, she does have a passion for RL, which for the Beeb is extraordinary
Agreed, a down to earth person and a RL convert.
:eusa2: :eusa2:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan