Full back

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dobby

Full back

Post by Dobby »

Today showed just why I dont particularly rate Richards as a full back. Yes he is solid but as an attacking threat he is non existant and the ball stopped dead every time it went to him as he doesnt have the confidence to pass. He is just not a patch on Tomkins, or for that matter an in form Roberts, in that position.
exile in Tiger country

Re: Full back

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Dobby wrote:Today showed just why I dont particularly rate Richards as a full back. Yes he is solid but as an attacking threat he is non existant and the ball stopped dead every time it went to him as he doesnt have the confidence to pass. He is just not a patch on Tomkins, or for that matter an in form Roberts, in that position.
I assume this is some kind of ironic comment?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Dobby wrote:Today showed just why I dont particularly rate Richards as a full back. Yes he is solid but as an attacking threat he is non existant and the ball stopped dead every time it went to him as he doesnt have the confidence to pass. He is just not a patch on Tomkins, or for that matter an in form Roberts, in that position.
Really? :eh:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think there is some truth in what Dobby says. We missed Sam more than the Bulls missed Raynor and Pat like several Wigan players looked tired (flat) to me.

However, that wind made lots of passing a nightmare.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wouldnt mind a pint of what you drink,it obviously impairs your reasoning
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

cpwigan wrote:I think there is some truth in what Dobby says. We missed Sam more than the Bulls missed Raynor and Pat like several Wigan players looked tired (flat) to me.

And how many of us could not wait for the return of Pat? We missed Pat when he was out injured so if he makes the odd error I can put up with it considering he's a points machine.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:I think there is some truth in what Dobby says. We missed Sam more than the Bulls missed Raynor
Tbh this has been evident from the leagues head removal machine brigade ever since it has appeared open season on Tompkins. Take out our chief player and cross your fingers you get put on report or simply binned and you stand a chance of beating Wigan
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

butt monkey wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I think there is some truth in what Dobby says. We missed Sam more than the Bulls missed Raynor
Tbh this has been evident from the leagues head removal machine brigade ever since it has appeared open season on Tompkins. Take out our chief player and cross your fingers you get put on report or simply binned and you stand a chance of beating Wigan
Very much BM. There is a lack of variation in our attack IMO and an over reliance on the 2nd man play getting on the outside of teams. I think Hock could make a huge difference when he returns but we do need to offer more with ball in hand full stop IMO.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

KOOCH wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I think there is some truth in what Dobby says. We missed Sam more than the Bulls missed Raynor and Pat like several Wigan players looked tired (flat) to me.

And how many of us could not wait for the return of Pat? We missed Pat when he was out injured so if he makes the odd error I can put up with it considering he's a points machine.
Nobody is saying we are not a better team with Pat than wityhout him. However, no player is perfect. Carrying the ball in his right INSIDE arm for the early none score was a scoolboy error.

To me the players look flat at times this season. Either players like Hock, Fielden and Hansen will freshen them up or some need a rest.
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

Dobby is spot on!!

I think we'd have won by more if they'd have had 13 and sam could have played on!!!

pat i solid as a rock but not great at fullback in an attacking sense.