Re: No game should be drawn !

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

No, a draw is a draw.
To allow a side the win in golden point is a thing dreamed up for sports that are boring and dull to try to inject some excitement.
RL players put their bodies through enough as it is.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I was asking would it be a replay at Cas, but then they had the Golden Point.

Maybe in a semi or a final but not in other games.

Keep it as it is.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I wouldn't call NFL boring to be honest. I'd like to see a golden point but would be biased towards who wins the toss for receiving.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mmm, not sure. No for SL, perhaps for the CUP. It was pretty unedifying stuff IMO with embarassing the worms in far more danger from the numerous miserable attempted drop goals.
Wes

Post by Wes »

In the league I dont mind draws, some games deserve/justify a draw, when it matters in the cup or eliminators golden point works a treat!

To counter your argument if a team feel they really need that win they will throw caution to the wind anyway no team goes to the pitch wanting a draw or a loss, our sport is made of winners!
Wes

Post by Wes »

I said our game is full of winners and it is, but IMO the formats are good as they are if a team are supposed to win they genrally do.
mackattack

Post by mackattack »

Golden point is fair enough for Cup games etc but not for SL.

Now correct me if i'm wrong, but when a SL game is a draw and going into the last minutes don't we usually see players making drop goal attempts? The Bradford Catalan game springs to my mind..... if a team can't score a drop goal in the last 5-10 minutes, i really don't want to watch another 15 minutes of desperate and dire kicks at goal.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If you look at football, teams become very negative as full time approaches with extra time due and extra time is normally very negative. Wakey v Cas whilst exciting in terms of outcome was awful RL, more akin to RU.