Belated Gaz Hock Opinion!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Belated Gaz Hock Opinion!

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I have read the majority of the posts regarding Hock and understand most peoples opinions on him and the situation, but, for what it is worth here is my opinion.

What Hock did was completely unacceptable and the powers that be punished him as they saw fit. He let down his family, friends, staff, management and fellow players, but more importantly he let himself down and that is what will probably hurt him most. Hock is a professional athlete and taking illegal drugs recreationally is not right no matter what, however, the only person that he really affected by doing this was himself. I am not naive enough to think that others were not affected but they will and probably have got over it now as I expect Hock has. Now many a top athlete across a range of sports have for example broke the law by Drink Driving (maybe even some RL players and even more worrying some Warriors players of the past who knows?) and they get punished accordingly by the police etc but for some reason it seems socially more acceptable (or people don't judge as quickly or harshly) to do this as a top athlete (maybe I am wrong). The point I am trying to make is people who drink drive think the worse case scenario is getting caught by the police but we all know that this would be the least of your problems, what if something alot more serious happened, we all know what I am getting it, I hope. Now I am not condoning what Hock did or drink driving obviously and the punishment for drink driving can be alot more serious i.e. Prison, I am just saying that Hock ultimately didn't affect anyone elses life to dramitically but yet others who take the risk of drink driving for example are running the risk of affecting a huge number of lives. In a nutshell if others are not hounded and clearly given second chances then in my humble opinion Hock more than deserves a 2nd chance and I for one cannot wait to see him in a Warriors shirt smashing up defences across SL (would you really want to see him in other team colours doing that? me thinks not!).
Hope I haven't upset anyone and like I said Hock let himself down more than anyone and I for one think he will repay himself and others by learning his lesson, if he doesn't then i will be the first to say bye bye Hock.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
south_stander

Re: Belated Gaz Hock Opinion!

Post by south_stander »

You lost me at drink driving
TrueBlueWarrior

Haha sorry about that! Was just using it as an example of how others break the law but don't get hounded or criticised as much as Hock has! Hope that helps a little!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
BriH

Post by BriH »

Sorry Old Boy but I don't see the point of your post! Everything you have said about Gazz has been said before many times.
I think you are a bit behind the times.
Why rake up the past?
I hope your not a member of "The Holier than Though" Brigade!!!!
TrueBlueWarrior

BriH,

If you read the title of the thread it says 'Belated Gaz Hock Opinion' therefore, if it is old news to you why did you read it?
If you read the post not once have I portrayed being 'holier than though' and actually think that all people within reason deserve a second chance.
Finally a forum i presume is about giving an opinion whether the opinion is 'on time' or not and that is all I did.
Sorry if it offended you and brought back bad memories, it was not my intention, but at least you agree with me that we need Fielden back!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I agree with the OP
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

TrueBlueWarrior

OP? I am new to this! as you can probably tell. Hope it means opening/original post?
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:OP? I am new to this! as you can probably tell. Hope it means opening/original post?
Ye pal thats what that stands for ,

Time will tell with mr Hock, i dont think even he is that daft to risk it all again. I just hope for his sake he stick to concentrating on his Rugby

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

TrueBlueWarrior

Cheers Ste, in that case thanks gpartin. I believe (or hope) that Hock will be immense on his return and just get better and better!
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

TrueBlue Don't be afraid to give your opinion,even if people don't agree that is your right..that is what these forums are for,if people disagree, they will write and tell you but it doesn't mean you are wrong