Re: How do you beat Wire?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wes

Post by Wes »

cpwigan wrote:Carvell loses a lot of ball when put under pressure and can miss tackles. Morley is not the player he once was. I wish people would stop thinking other players, other teams are better than Wigan. Fear no one, take on anybody.
Exactly that, people are too easy to talk the Wire up, granted they are on a good run and they have been lucky with injuries too but we are also on a good run and have had injuries to win our last 8 is phenominal and against KR to only concede 1 try from a kick is credit to our D, I wish people would talk us up because sky dont and it seems a lot of people on here prefer talking other clubs up too!

PS Remember we are level on points with a game in hand!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Carvell loses a lot of ball when put under pressure and can miss tackles. Morley is not the player he once was. I wish people would stop thinking other players, other teams are better than Wigan. Fear no one, take on anybody.
I don't think any other team is better than Wigan, but I do give some credit where it is due. Catalan, at the time, played the game better than we did when they beat us as did Warrington, doesn't mean they are better than us overall!
We just had a couple of blips for those two games & as yet, I don't think we have played to our full potential this season.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

29wes28 wrote:
Exactly that, people are too easy to talk the Wire up, granted they are on a good run and they have been lucky with injuries too but we are also on a good run and have had injuries to win our last 8 is phenominal and against KR to only concede 1 try from a kick is credit to our D, I wish people would talk us up because sky dont and it seems a lot of people on here prefer talking other clubs up too!

PS Remember we are level on points with a game in hand!
WIGAN! WIGAN! WIGAN! ..We are the greatest and we will smash Warrington.... Especially cry baby Briers..(where is TonyH when you need him?) :eusa3:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Play better than them and make sure BENTham is not in charge.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Starve them of posession.
Keep the completions high, dont spill the ball.
Keep the penalty count and missed tackles down and make sure the kicks hit the ground first.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Starve them of posession.
Keep the penalty count and missed tackles down and make sure the kicks hit the ground first.
Should'nt we be doing this everygame PM?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

platt-warrior wrote:
Exactly PW.
Get the basics right and we can beat any team, not just Wire.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

platt-warrior wrote:
Yes, on our day we can beat anyone. We need it to be "our day" every game no matter who we play :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I watched Wire v Leeds again nd I wasn't blown away. I thought Wire did the basics and their effort/enthusiasm was excellent which as already mentioned gives you a chance of winning any game. I saw nothing special though.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

cpwigan wrote:I watched Wire v Leeds again nd I wasn't blown away. I thought Wire did the basics and their effort/enthusiasm was excellent which as already mentioned gives you a chance of winning any game. I saw nothing special though.
I also think their work ethic has improved,Smith has got them working for each other,something that was missing last season
especially in big games.I remember this in the semi last term.