HOFF THE RECORD

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

HOFF THE RECORD

Post by josie andrews »

1st June 2011

01/06/2011 08:46:50

Hey guys, how's it going?

Well I've just got in for the game and thought I'd pen this before I get some well earned sleep!

The game tonight was a real tough encounter and in all fairness to Hull KR I think the scoreline doesn't reflect how tight that game was. Our defence was what won it for us, they had five repeat sets on our line at one point but we kept them out. Eventually our defence broke them and we managed to get up the other end and rack up a few points.

It was great to see Sam back out there tonight after last weekend. No one likes to see their mate get hurt like that but he came back strong tonight and was great for us. He was all over the park and deservedly got a hat-trick.

Last week I managed to catch the Origin game and as a New South Wales man myself it was tough to take. The Blues played well but unfortunately Queensland did what Queensland do and had enough quality to grab the win, they've probably got the best number 1, 6, 7 & 9 in the world right now and have quality right throughout. That said I think the Blues can take a lot out of the game and hopefully build on that in game 2 back in Sydney.

The Origin game was officiated by Richard Silverwood, it was interesting that the ARL decided to have just one ref for the game. Normally NRL games have two officials in the middle of the park with one seeing to the defensive team and other concentrating on the attacking team and the ruck. Last season I played with two refs yet in Super League we have just the one. To be honest I think I prefer having two as the referee has a very difficult job so if we can help him get more decisions right then that's great news. I'd personally like to see the NRL and Super League doing the same thing but it's a building process and we've got to make sure we have enough quality referees in the game.

After the game at Bradford we got a couple of days off so the Mrs and I headed down to Bath, I made sure I was listening to the radio when the draw was made though! As soon as I heard Warrington I just knew it was going to be us. It's a few weeks away yet but I'm already excited, it's the quarter finals of the Challenge Cup so you can't expect an easy game. We'll have to be on top form but I know the guys won't need any help getting up for that one.

It's a strange week for us now as we fly over to France on Thursday to get ready to play Catalans. They came here and whipped our pants down earlier this year. I was really annoyed after that one and as soon as I got home I circled this fixture on my calendar. Madge doesn't really do video nasty's and he won't need to remind any of us how bad we were that night!

Before I go I just want to hand a mention to Jonny Walker, he copped a bad one on Saturday in the Reserves game and was airlifted to hospital. I heard today that it's not as bad as first thought so hopefully he'll be on the mend soon.

Hope to see some of you there in France, who knows we might even get a bit of sunshine!

Hoff

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WBlogp.aspx?id=10
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TSB

Re: HOFF THE RECORD

Post by TSB »

Hi josie

Could you please ask thee Hoff before he goes whos going to win BGT I would love to have a bet please let me Know
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TSB wrote:Hi josie

Could you please ask thee Hoff before he goes whos going to win BGT I would love to have a bet please let me Know
What's BGT? :conf:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

brit got talent
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

highland convert wrote:brit got talent

Right. Another show I don't waste my time with :exc:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Why would he know???

Sorry, but you've lost me :conf:
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Susan Boyle lives a couple of miles down the road. My sister asked me after it was done and dusted what I thought of her. My response, WHO? Never watched it even when one of my drivers was a finalist on it. Again a local in Oban. Too many self opinionated prats wafffling.
jim
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cherry.pie wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

Why would he know???

Sorry, but you've lost me :conf:
David Hasselhoff is a judge on Britain's Got Talent.
?? :conf: What has he got to do with anything???

Ha! Got it :with:
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

highland convert wrote:Susan Boyle lives a couple of miles down the road. My sister asked me after it was done and dusted what I thought of her. My response, WHO? Never watched it even when one of my drivers was a finalist on it. Again a local in Oban. Too many self opinionated prats wafffling.
jim
A Bit Like On here then Jim :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joke Folks Honest, As i know some folk dont get humour :roll:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx