Farrell Finally Recognised

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

Farrell Finally Recognised

Post by DaiJones »

Just wanted to be the first to congratulate Faz on winning the Golden Boot tonight, only the second Brit after the incomparable Hanley. Faz is a true British sporting legend who doesn't get the recognition he deserves and now he can actually go one better than Sir Ellery by leading us to a series win over the Aussies at the weekend, something I was increasingly convinced I would never live to see...come on GB! Just keep giving it to Brian!
MrsLam

Re: Farrell Finally Recognised

Post by MrsLam »

There's not another player that deserves it anywhere near as much as Faz does. Lots of hype about certain youngsters at Leeds and how great they will be in the future but what difference have they realistically made this year? Wigan bias aside, Faz has been the difference between winning and losing for both wigan and GB this year. Well done to him.

On another level it REALLY winds up a group of saints fans in my pub :D Scully this, scully that Faz cant cope with pressure, only reason he looks good at wigan is cause the rest of the team dont...*sigh*
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
kt4ever_1

Re: Farrell Finally Recogn...

Post by kt4ever_1 »

I get that all the time when i go to my dads. I thought knocking them out would be enough to shut them up but how wrong can one be. Even then farrell was paying the ref!! I just wish faz was to walk in there and hold up that boot just maybe they would shut up then. Just maybe though.
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

Sorry i forgot the most imporant bit!!
WELL DONE FAZ!! NO ONE DESERVED IT MORE.
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
silver surfer

Post by silver surfer »

WELL DONE FAZ :eusa2:

I agree with everyone else, no one does deserve it more. He's in a class on his own. Can't wait for saturday, a win would be the icing on the cake for Faz. We all know this is the one he wants. I for one think he will get it.
100% Warrior

Re: Farrell Finally Recognised

Post by 100% Warrior »

:thum:

Just wanted to add my congratulations to Andy's superb achievement of winning the Golden Boot at last nights awards.

Andy has led both Wigan and Great Britain superbly this season so the awards that have come his way have been thoroughly well deserved.

It was mentioned on TV last night that Andy has never missed a GB match since his debut, not a bad record that is it.

Just one last thing to say ... c'mon Andy let's cap the season off in fine style with a victory in the Tri Nations final on Saturday.

Best of luck to you and the rest of the lads !!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Well done to Faz for all his awards this year, he's definitely deserved it after his best season for a long time despite missing several weeks at the start. Quite why he's not as well-known nationally as Martin Johnson was before the World Cup is a mystery to me. Obviously Johnson got extra publicity from the Yawnion success last year although he was well-known before then, but I suspect if you were to ask people outside the RL heartland who is the captain of the GB Lions they couldn't tell you.

If Faz leads us to success next weekend the RFL publicity machine should be working overtime to get him and the rest of the GB team in every newspaper and on as much tv as possible to raise the profile of the sport. Why do I think that the most that we'll get, win or lose, is a full page at most in the Sundays'?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
*!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!*

Post by *!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!* »

mrs lam my mate is just the same what is it with them and scully i know its like their captin but do you see much in his cabinent this year. My mate always says gb play better wen faz is not on the pitch sorry but wer the fig is she lookin :exc: faz is an excellent player and captin as now has been proved
that p*ss*ed or ur chips saints
WELL DONE FAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
WIGAN TILL I DIE!!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

[Robbo obsessive - Scully does actually have more than Faz in the trophy cabinet this season. The CCup.]

Not sure how Stains fans think Scully handles the pressure better, it's very often Sculthorpe that loses his rag and throws a punch whilst Farrell keeps his cool much longer.

Not much I can add that hasn't already been said, Andrew Farrell must be the greater all round rugby player of any code in the world.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Saints fans annoy me so much!!!!!! Faz has took a lot of stick, hes played out of his skin!They said scully should have won it but imo, he played crap this year, he played well in th tri nations but not so well in super league. Faz deserved it! well done!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3