Martin Aspinwall jailed

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: Martin Aspinwall jailed

Post by cpwigan »

Here lies my annoyance with RLfans. Far too frequently they form misguided opinions about players. 99% of fans says Aspuinwall cannot believe it, such a quiet, unassuming person. Hello, for years those that know him will tell you he has been anything but. Likewise Sam T is a great young man brought up in a law abiding perfect family environment YET so many, the majority of RL fans think he is Freddy Kruger.

RLfans do not know RL players. Well most don't.

Aspinwall and Hock are just not related cases and indeed the outcomes are totally different.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote: Sam T is a great young man brought up in a law abiding perfect family environment YET so many, the majority of RL fans think he is Freddy Kruger.
Loved how he described it as "Pantomime Booing" and that it didn't bother him one bit
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I don't think many fans understand how hard it is too progress in professional sport. I watch the U16s who are a cracking team, full of talent, the harsh reality is you tend to get 2 from every age group make it, if you get 4 you have a fantastic year. Sam T was a nobody at 16. He was Joel's little brother and he was small. Sam today looks massive compared to teenage Sam. The Coyle's were the future, Joel & Daz Goulding were great youngsters. Sam came to Wigan as a pay as you play boy and carried the kicking tee, was a reserve for whichever team. Genetically a late growth spurt helped him fantastically but I always remember Mick Hogan telling me the only person he had seen work as hard as Sam, do all the extras etc was a young Johnny Wilkinson. He has and like all small players earned his place the tough way.

I have been lucky to see and know players as they grow up and see no matter how they try they often do not make it. Nick Stanton was so great as a teenager, as a 16-18 but he simply remained too small, Liam Thompson was Wayne Pearce like in his dedication and professionalism even as a teenager yet a couple of bad injuries, people growing faster as a dults and he is plying his trade in Widnees U20s. Here was a young man who was England schoolboys, as good as Owen Farrell a junior.

Sam from personal experience is a fantastic young man who the idiots from most other clubs have no got a clue about.
StarAndy

Post by StarAndy »