Dai Jones, are all your dreams coming alive?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Dai Jones, are all your dreams coming alive?

Post by ian.birchall »

The Daily Telegraph sports reporter on Monday was waxing long and lyrical about the Welsh performance against the All Blacks, just in case you missed the result,they LOST, saying this is the year for the Welsh to win the 5 nations + Italy.
Surely not with Jason captaining England?, although I did see only one 24 stone overweight Welsh Prop this game but wasn't their a 35 year old Llewellyn (you will know the correct spelling I'm sure!,playing for them. :wink:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Welsh Warrior

Re: Dai Jones, are all your dr...

Post by Welsh Warrior »

We did lose AGAIN. Thank you for that. Not sure if it will be our year to win the six nations. We failed to beat South Africa and everyone thought we had done well. But, then Ireland go and beat them and so did England. I do believe we had several refereeing decisions go against us. Against South Africa we were penalised for crossing and against New Zealand they scored a try from what I saw was blatant crossing. Also I firmly believe the top sides in the world are masters at cheating. Really think we can beat England in Cardiff though. Jason Robinson will be the fly in the ointment if anyone is. I firmly believe winning is a habit and we have just not got the habit yet. Just hope when we get the habit we get totally addicted. By the way Ian, your spelling is fabulous.
DaiJones

Re: Dai Jones, are all you...

Post by DaiJones »

Ian I am as delighted as you that Wales are back. We were tremendous against New Zealand and tremendous intermittently against the Boks (picky refereeing didn't help), softening them up for England and Ireland to beat them. Our pack (the incredible Llewellyn apart) is young and can only improve but is at long last starting to compete and provide ball for our backs. All we are short of is belief, we just need that one decent win against a top side and we'll be away again, I shall be at the Wales England game to open the Six Nations and am hopeful that might just be the watershed.

I know you hate Union, but I am really looking forward to next year's Six Nations it promises to be really even (except Italy and Scotland) nearly as good as League's Tri Nations (thrilling games, sell out crowds, media interest and the RFL aren't sure if they want to do it again!! Good old RL administrators)

Good to see you back on the board Ian. Cymru am byth!
ian.birchall

Re: Dai Jones, are all you...

Post by ian.birchall »

Good to be back on the board I can tell you, thought I had done something disastrous to my connection since it all fell over immediately I deleted a thread where my favourite southstander was admonishing me for telling her I saw something in my new job as a Christmas temp in M&S foodhall in Harrogate which brought her to mind!
Just so there is no misunderstanding though, I am happiest when Wales are getting thumped 56-nil, or even 64-10, doh that was GB against the convicts, makes up for that long run of Welsh insufferability in the 70's and 80's when they could always beat England.
The 5 nations +Italy is still pretty even since as you say Scotland can generally these days be relied on to lose to Italy, a bit like Superleague 10, 4 good sides and 2 no hopers, I leave you to guess which 2 sides are the no hopers. :)
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.