Wigan Fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TSB

Wigan Fans

Post by TSB »

I must applaud all the Wigan supporters who travelled to Widnes and stayed behind after the game. I watched on Sky TV and the noise was awesome especially after the game whilst they were talking in the studio. :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
cumbria_warrior

Re: Wigan Fans

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Probably one of the best atmospheres been in was fantastic and noone wanted to leave dont think the stewards knew what to do haha
onedego

Post by onedego »

absolutely loved it! Did it feel like a rugby match? No, it felt more like a party! The enjoyment nearly rivalled the grand final last year...

and oh the chants that made us laugh so much....

"you're so S**t it's unbeleivable"
"we can see you sneeking out" - by far the greatest...

One that I did miss, which wasn't really needed was "you're not singing any more"... but as they didn't sing to begin with...

Anyway, the MC at the Stobart is a cretin, with his cheer for the Aints at the end, and playing When the Saints go Marching in, any one would've thought they didn't lose miserably.

As for the Brigantes, well done! I can honestly say i was sat down the front (cos we got there late), and joined in with all the ones I knew, and had my own little group of people doing down the front :lol: dare i say, i think i may be sliding towards conversion :o
BriH

Post by BriH »

Like you TSB I watched it on tele and the celebrations afterwords was FANtastic.
Best performance so far: just a pity we didn't nill them!As for the booing of Sam it's up to the Wigan spectators to CHEER him every time he gets the ball to drown out these Morons.
onedego

Post by onedego »

he's actually loving the attention. he came up to us at the end to "yyyayyyy", and he thumbed down us, and boood, so we all booood back, and he laughed...
missyme65

Post by missyme65 »

we were in amongst it at the back of the stand and i have to say you would have to be mega hard hearted not to be swept along with the fans, they were unbelieveable, most of them round us were kids(me being old lol) and I have to say they were ace, they took on board when we asked them to sit down so that Daves mum snd dad could see the game and they even helped us get down the stairs at the end, they cheered the whole way through, my only teeny complaint was the beer showers, take that out and it would have been perfection
softy southerner finds the holy grail...
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Yes it was brilliant after the match, was loud all the way through even though i was in the other corner.

But in the interview after the match it was as though the crowd was in with Eddie and Stevo, they almost drowned them out. McNamara just kept looking at them and smiling.

Can only be good for Wigan, as youngsters must look at that and think i want to join them, i felt that and i'm in my 40's.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I'm still hoarse. One of the best atmospheres ever, nearly as good as when Farrell scored his last minute try.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fantastic night, best atmosphere this season & I thought the Giants game was great, but this was something else.

Well done & thank you to the Brigantes, all the Wigan supporters, oh & the Wigan team :wink: for a fantastic night.

If only we could get all the Wigan stands rocking like this at the DW? What a fortress it would become.

Don't think Sky did the Wigan support justice though, there should have been a microphone on the camera in the West stand, the noise would have drowned out all the drivel Stevo, Hemmings & McNamara were spouting throughout the game :lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
RJ

Post by RJ »

I was surprised that there was no mention of the St Helens shuffle on the TV commentary. Perhaps Eddie had his blinkers on.