Radders

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
*!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!*

Re: Radders

Post by *!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!* »

ye not only briscoe but also ballard from u21 who a really good player aswell n plays at radders postition but hes gone 2 widnes now so we would be another player down
everyone said briscoe would come back and haunt us and i think this season he will do just that :exc:
WIGAN TILL I DIE!!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

nitsua posted:
I thought it was rather significant when Wigan signed Vaeliki, whose preferred position is full-back.
Based on the circumstances under which our signing have been made this year, I think to say anything is "significant" is a little optimistic about the quality of planning that went into who we bought. I got the impression that we signed Vaeliki becasue the Gasnier deal fell through and we needed to buy a centre - any centre!

ALso, I'm not sure we would have left Brisco go if there was any chance Kris may be out in a year.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Where has this rumour come form that radders is leaving anyway? He gets an injury and suddenly thats it hes finishing playing rugby! Somebody has an over-active imagination i feel!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

I agree Mrs carney! Raddres is going no where trust me! Your all juming to conclusions.
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
StevosShrink

Post by StevosShrink »

Radders will be fine, its nonsense.
I think that the Vaeleki signing is just what we need. A strong running centre who will burst tackles and worry defences.

I do worry about our coaching situation though.
Bring back Sir Shaun Edwards!!!!!!!

:wink:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Vaeleki has been bought to play in the centres hasnt he? Theres no way rads is going anywhere and no way hes being pushed out of his full back position.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

*!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!* posted:
everyone said briscoe would come back and haunt us and i think this season he will do just that :exc:
Everyone said Briscoe would come back and haunt us? I didn't because he won't.

Did you see the playoff game Hull v Wakefield? He was rubbish in defence. He also looked anything but safe in defence when he had his spell in the Wigan first team when Rads was injured. The longer he played in the first team the worse he got defensively.

At Hull he score a lot of tries but that defnsive frailty is still there on the evidence of the Wakey game. He really was bad!

I don't think he is that big a loss to be honest.

Dave

the grinch

Post by the grinch »

come on "dave o" briscoe is one of the most promising players in the game today! he's only had one full season in super leaue and performed at the highest level.he has scored try's against all the top teams and will only get better. he isn't as you pointed out the finished prouduct yet but that lad could be a great player. if it wasn't for the salary cap there is no way wigan would have released him.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

the grinch posted:
come on "dave o" briscoe is one of the most promising players in the game today! he's only had one full season in super leaue and performed at the highest level.he has scored try's against all the top teams and will only get better. he isn't as you pointed out the finished prouduct yet but that lad could be a great player. if it wasn't for the salary cap there is no way wigan would have released him.
His positional play and defense are poor IMO. I will never forget the deafening silenace on the message boards when Rads returned form injury to replace Briscoe. Prior to that people were saying get rid of Rads. It took one game to silence the Rads critics.

As to keeping him if the salary cap allowed, I am not sure we would. Like Mark Smith behind Newton he would have faced little chance of getting a game in front of Rads.

Wigan have always produced a lot of players and let some go such as Cardiss and Blakely because they could not get a regular game here. Briscoe falls into that category IMO.

Dave
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Uncle Mo....
"...and in the backs, Dennis Moran and David Vaeiliki will add flair.
"We needed more strike power along the threequarters and these guys are entertainers who love scoring tries."

This implies that Vaealiki has been brought in as a centre.

Interesting reading about Davico loving Wigan so much he wanted to tear up his get out clause... you never quite know what might happen in a few months time.