who is everyone cheering friday ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
OJ

Re: who is everyone cheering friday ?

Post by OJ »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:OJ the reason why I have given reasons why not to cheer Stains is because some of our fans said they would be cheering them on or supporting them at least not the Wire. Not once have i said I would be cheering for Wire or either team for that matter. I simply hate both and completely agree with your reasons as to why we should not cheer the Wire.
Wasn't having a go at you TrueBlueWarrior - sorry if I gave that impression - your list of reasons about Wire is both impressive and true - I live in Warrington and have to put up with it all the time.
When they beat us at our place we got harrassed all the way from the stadium to the M6 and then was talking to some a couple of days later who said they felt sorry for anyone who was a Wigan fan - duhhhhh, why? we are super league champs! Then last week they were going on about how badly Saints played against us and so it goes on. All I was trying to say was that of the two I would have to pick Saints every time and those words don't come out of me very easily I can tell you!

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

OJ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:OJ the reason why I have given reasons why not to cheer Stains is because some of our fans said they would be cheering them on or supporting them at least not the Wire. Not once have i said I would be cheering for Wire or either team for that matter. I simply hate both and completely agree with your reasons as to why we should not cheer the Wire.
Wasn't having a go at you TrueBlueWarrior - sorry if I gave that impression - your list of reasons about Wire is both impressive and true - I live in Warrington and have to put up with it all the time.
When they beat us at our place we got harrassed all the way from the stadium to the M6 and then was talking to some a couple of days later who said they felt sorry for anyone who was a Wigan fan - duhhhhh, why? we are super league champs! Then last week they were going on about how badly Saints played against us and so it goes on. All I was trying to say was that of the two I would have to pick Saints every time and those words don't come out of me very easily I can tell you!

OJ it is fine, just wanted you to know that I hate Wire as much as you and the last thing in the world I would be doing tonight is cheering them on and I hope they lose but again I wont be cheering Stains onto that victory haha! All the best in the future with the Wire idiots and the best way of shutting them up is supporting Wigan to another GF win and CC win.

'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I started off by telling myself I was gonna cheer for saints, but my brain just wouldn't let me. As soon as Monaghan scored I couldn't help it...I cheered.

Can we have a draw, please?
OJ

Post by OJ »

No probs TrueBlueWarrior - you can take the fan out of Wigan but you can't take Wigan out of the fan :D
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

deancartwright1​990​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Who said anything about singing their songs? :conf:
from posts at the begining there was posts saying a true warrior shouldnt be cheering on another team
There is a difference between actually cheering & wanting a team to win.

Like I said on the Warriors thread, your thread titles are very misleading!

You ask a question, "who is everyone cheering friday?" then complain at peoples answers.
Just because I wanted Saints to win, which would have benefited my team Wigan, it doesn't necessarily mean I would literally be cheering & jumping up & down for Saints, it no way means that I am not a true warrior as you put it. I have probably forgotten more about Wigan Rugby than you can remember so please do not go there :exc: :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

yoda warrior wrote:Surely we would prefer a saints win. It'll be a bit strange. I haven't wanted them to win since they last played Brisbane.
I was a Broncos fan for that day! :lol: