Stuart Barnes verdict on Origin 2

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cook123

Re: Stuart Barnes verdict on Origin 2

Post by cook123 »

He was bored watching state of origin i was bored reading this article. i stopped at the point where he said "The pace is unrelenting, much quicker than nearly all union games"

i watched the grand final of aviva premiership cos andy farrell's son was playing mainly. to be fair it was a decent game but what i didn't get was with 6 minutes to go and trailing by 7 points leicester opted to kick a penalty rather than attack and try and score that is boring!

slimshady

Post by slimshady »

What a crock of shite Barnes spouts, typical public schoolboy tosser whos never got over getting bummed when he was a fag or dropped for Rob Andrew.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Never even bothered reading it (no offence CP), just Rugby Union 'Idiots' will always support Union and Rugby League 'Experts' will always support Rugby League. This is one topic when I actually enjoy listening to 'Stevo' because he does stand up for the sport, no end, not that he needs to because it is clearly better. :eusa2:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I actually thought it was a pretty well balanced article from someone like Stuart Barnes who usually has nothing good to say about Rugby League.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The whole article is along the lines of the same futile argument all union people spout. They basically want all the stuff that league displays the tries the skill the passing etc but dont want to admit it.

Its are like someone who has a really ugly girlfriend and looks at your hot girlfriend and says "yeah shes got a gorgeous face, cracking rack, sculptured curves and amazing bum, but isnt that a bit boring wouldn't you rather have an ugly girl that every now and then if the lighting is just right and your just about drunk enough looks vaugley attractive? ya know so you feel like you've earnt it!"
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:The whole article is along the lines of the same futile argument all union people spout. They basically want all the stuff that league displays the tries the skill the passing etc but dont want to admit it.

Its are like someone who has a really ugly girlfriend and looks at your hot girlfriend and says "yeah shes got a gorgeous face, cracking rack, sculptured curves and amazing bum, but isnt that a bit boring wouldn't you rather have an ugly girl that every now and then if the lighting is just right and your just about drunk enough looks vaugley attractive? ya know so you feel like you've earnt it!"
Hahahaha absolutely spot on!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

A union commentator says a game of league is not as good as a game of union. Shocker! These league v union debates are sad and pointless. We're always going to prefer our own games and wouldn't expect anyone to change.

Origin tends to be a bit for the league purists. Not always the kind of matches that would turn someones head. They're brutal, attritional games that we really appreciate but they are not always up off your seat exciting. As a long standing leaguie, watching the battle in the middle of the field, each team battling to get the upper hand is pretty great to watch but i wouldn't expect fans of other sports to be particularly taken by it.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

State of Origin.
A game you could not get Barsnsie boy within 100 miles of playing even with a 45 Colt pointing at his cranum.
Total Sh1t House on and off the pitch.
jobo

Post by jobo »

It's fair comment most of it, apart from the usual drivel about union needing more thinking, unpredictability etc. It's only unpredictable because so many of their players are fairly thick.

The main problem with Barnes is that he just can't quite get over his prejudices, despite the evidence of his own eyes.