Re: Gary Connolly

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Gary Connolly

Post by Mike »

Post your tributes to Gary Connolly on this thread.

I'd just like to thank Gary for giving his all for the club. He has been the consumate professional, throughout his time at Wigan and his defence was second to none, not to mention the devistating attacking skill that he has shown time and time again.

Gary was one of the most consistent and influential performers at Wigan, and I would like to wish him all the best in the future.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Deano

Oh Gary Gary, Gary Gary Gary Gary Connolly etc

Post by Deano »

Come on Wigan fans, let us thank Gary for all those fantastic performances - particularly the games against his home town team the Stains (Newlove never could seem to get past his uncompromising tackling).

Gary is a legend - one of the last links (with Cassidy and (just about) Farrell) to the great Wigan side of the early 90s (the fact that past his peak though he is, he can still hold down a place in the team is a tribute to his fitness and conditioning, though a sign of how we've declined - oh how that 3/4 line of Robinson, Connolly, Miles and Offiah would have destroyed the current Stains and Dulls outfits...)

Lets thank him and remember that once upon a time, not so long ago, we pinched the scouser's best player (these days we seem to be sending them our "rejects" who then go on to punish us...)And the Stains still hate us for it - which is worth thanking Gary for in itself!!

Good on yer Gary and best of luck at Orrell!
Guy Benest

Gary

Post by Guy Benest »

Never mind Gary's defensive qualities.
Who can ever forget his goal kicking attributes (remember the worm burner at Central Park).
Then off course there was his oscar winning performance on Emmerdale. Linesman, linesman give us a wave!
All in all, I think it's a shame that Gary won't be getting his testemonial and how will the club cope with the lost revenue from the bar after the matches?

Thanks for everything, you will be sorely missed.

which one's chunky?
magsrads

Gary 'Dimples' Connolly

Post by magsrads »

As a'sweet 17' year old I remember watching you thinking why isn't he playing for a 'proper'team!! - but you soon came over to the right side of Billinge Lump!! and have gone on from strength to strength - 'The strongest arms in RL' 'Champion arm wrestler' and a man of such 'upper body strength' you became an essential cog in our 'Stevo's Drinking Game'!!! (A game I am only too sure you would take to like a duck to water!!!)
It won't be the same out there without your 'calf lick'!!
Thank You for all the hours of thrills,skills and entertainment over the years - THAT try against Bradford at CP (RIP) in the thunderstorm, THAT try at Murrayfield,me being the ONLY Wigan fan in the crowd when you played Leicester for the 'Quinns (and touched the ball about 4 times but I cheered everyone!!!!!) singing 'Heaven Must be missing an Angel' during the warmup of the first GF! Falling up the stairs of the Walkabout in Wigan!! And although my colours are now pinned to a man with Ginger hair - you were the first!!

A great player ... and when you come to Rugby with Orrell in Jan I'll be there ... can't let one of our own visit these parts without a proper welcome!!

Thank you Gary - You is the Man!!!
Ken

Gary the brave

Post by Ken »

Gary connally as done it all,
tackle/score tries/steal the ball/ to the highest
standard, But I will remember Gary for his curage on the field the injurys he as played with in the last year or so how did he do it,I rember one match gary had a bad one in the mouth needing stitches,came back on and the first minute dove right at the feet of the opersition opening all the doctors good work,
THIS IS GARY CONNALLY THE MAN FOR ALL SEASONS
Ken Blinston
Jilly43

Gary

Post by Jilly43 »

I could go on all day singing the praises of Gary Connolly. I think a will just say a simple 'Thank you, good luck and goodbye'
John M

Bye Gary!!!

Post by John M »

Thanks for a wonderful last test.Did he have fire in his boots or what? He was all over the field!! A true world class player and he will be badly,badly missed next year.Good luck Gary,such a shame he couldnt squeeze in at the corner near the end but nevermind.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
AJ

TRUE LEGEND

Post by AJ »

IVE SAID IT BEFORE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN -
GOD BLESS GARY CONNOLLY

SURELY THAT MAN IS HALL OF FAME BOUND

THE GREATEST CENTRE OF HIS GENERATION

thanks for the wondeful memories gary
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Pengy

Well done gary

Post by Pengy »

Brilliant game last night and would of been my choice of man of the match had he carried on playing full back. Like john said he was every where last night and he is a true world class player.Well done gary and good luck in the future.
magsrads

Gary Connolly - strongest arms in Rugby League!!

Post by magsrads »

needed to write that one more time!!

RL a beautiful game but a cruel mistress - poor Gary I really felt for him last night - he has been fantastic in this test series - and I still can't believe he didn't get a try - was he really 'held up' over the line? - (couldn't see the big screen from where I was sat and won't see the highlights til this pm)- seeing as this ref had 'heard about' our players surely he could have given Gary the best leaving pressie.

And on the past three matches form if I had a cheque book big enough I would be moving heaven and earth to retain his services for another season at least - hope onion appreciates what they are getting!!