Wire Sign Waterhouse

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wes

Wire Sign Waterhouse

Post by Wes »

Good signing King out Waterhouse in!
Cap roughly back to where it was then!
AdamMac

Re: Wire Sign Waterhouse

Post by AdamMac »

Apparently Anderson has signed a 3 year deal with Catalan so that should be announced sooner rather than later as well
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Warrington have announced the signing of Australian second-rower Trent Waterhouse on a 3-year-deal starting in 2012.

The the 6ft 4in, 16st forward has made 177 appearances for the Penrith Panthers and has twice played for Australia in 2009, whilst also representing New South Wakes in State of Origin matches 5 times.

Wolves coach Tony Smith commented "He's a high quality international player who fits our needs and will fit into our structures and our team extremely well. He's a big man who likes to offload the ball and is a highly experienced Rugby League player who has gained a lot of experience at the highest level.

"I am looking forward to working with him and losing somebody of Matt's experience, Trent's a great replacement in terms of experience and leadership value and that was very much a focus for us. "

Commenting on joining the Wolves, Waterhouse said: "I am delighted to be joining Warrington at this exciting time in the club's history. I can see they are a very ambitious and professional organisation seeking immediate success and I therefore hope to be able to positively contribute towards their desired goals for winning trophies.

"I have heard great things about the club, the players and the fans. I can see big things for the club in the near future and I'm looking forward to getting over there and being part of that.

"The coach and management have outlined a fantastic vision for their future and as such it was the only club I wanted to join in the UK Super League."

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_587 ... ouse.html?

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:Warrington have announced the signing of Australian second-rower Trent Waterhouse on a 3-year-deal starting in 2012.

The the 6ft 4in, 16st forward has made 177 appearances for the Penrith Panthers and has twice played for Australia in 2009, whilst also representing New South Wakes in State of Origin matches 5 times.

Wolves coach Tony Smith commented "He's a high quality international player who fits our needs and will fit into our structures and our team extremely well. He's a big man who likes to offload the ball and is a highly experienced Rugby League player who has gained a lot of experience at the highest level.

"I am looking forward to working with him and losing somebody of Matt's experience, Trent's a great replacement in terms of experience and leadership value and that was very much a focus for us. "

Commenting on joining the Wolves, Waterhouse said: "I am delighted to be joining Warrington at this exciting time in the club's history. I can see they are a very ambitious and professional organisation seeking immediate success and I therefore hope to be able to positively contribute towards their desired goals for winning trophies.

"I have heard great things about the club, the players and the fans. I can see big things for the club in the near future and I'm looking forward to getting over there and being part of that.

"The coach and management have outlined a fantastic vision for their future and as such it was the only club I wanted to join in the UK Super League."

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_587 ... ouse.html?
Judging by his highlighted comment, I take it we showed absolutely no interest in signing him, hence Warrington was the only team, he is clearly dillusional!! Hope he has fun being the final nail in the Warrington salary cap breach coffin lol!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

You hear this remark so many times :wink:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
TrueBlueWarrior

josie andrews wrote:You hear this remark so many times :wink:
It sort of becomes boring and repetitive, why don't they all re-phrase it into 'Wigan did not want me, so .......... was the only club I wanted to sign for in the English SL'.

Would make much more sense. :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
It sort of becomes boring and repetitive, why don't they all re-phrase it into 'Wigan did not want me, so .......... was the only club I wanted to sign for in the English SL'.

Wigan don't want me so ..........is the only OTHER club I wanted to sign for in the SL lol
TrueBlueWarrior

josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

Wigan don't want me so ..........is the only OTHER club I wanted to sign for in the SL lol
Yes even better!

Just another sideline to this story Matt King's quote on the Warrington Website, Matt said: "Without a doubt the option to stay here in England was quite an attractive one. Warrington is a club that at the moment is close to being, if not the best Rugby League club in the country.

Lost any respect I had for that man now!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: It sort of becomes boring and repetitive, why don't they all re-phrase it into 'Wigan did not want me, so .......... was the only club I wanted to sign for in the English SL'.

Yes even better!

Just another sideline to this story Matt King's quote on the Warrington Website, Matt said: "Without a doubt the option to stay here in England was quite an attractive one. Warrington is a club that at the moment is close to being, if not the best Rugby League club in the country.

Lost any respect I had for that man now!
Shows how much he knows :wink: :lol: :lol:
Wes

Post by Wes »

WOW Does Matt King have a SL ring from his 4 yr stay?!?!

I think NOT!