mark smith

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiganbabe17

mark smith

Post by wiganbabe17 »

can any one tell me y mark smith left? he was ma fav player :angry:
ian.birchall

Re: mark smith

Post by ian.birchall »

Because he did not offer enough variety to the team to merit a salary capped place on the team roster. :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

my opinion is he knew he would never be first choice hooker with newton there and now godwin has joined he thought he would be third. Dont bite my head off its just my opinion!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
wiganbabe17

Post by wiganbabe17 »

thats what i thought but the person i asked sed no so i thought i would ask on here
thanks anyways
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

because we signed waine godwin and godwin offers more to wigan. Including goal kicking fair dues to mark smith he was a good player but wernt seeing much action at wigan.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
mario

Post by mario »

warrior till i die posted:
because we signed waine godwin and godwin offers more to wigan. Including goal kicking fair dues to mark smith he was a good player but wernt seeing much action at wigan.
Can't see that he's more to offer than Smith, and as for goalkicking, he might get chance to kick 1 or 2 a season. Another great move by Mo
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

What more can Godwin offer than Smith, he was a good replacement to change things about when Newton was getting nowhere. Seems to me like a pointless swap.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

robjoenz posted:
What more can Godwin offer than Smith, he was a good replacement to change things about when Newton was getting nowhere. Seems to me like a pointless swap.
No the point was we got rid of mark smith!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mario

Post by mario »

mrs_carney posted:
robjoenz posted:
Exactly! pointless!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

mario posted:
mrs_carney posted:
robjoenz posted:
Exactly! pointless!
Not how I see it at all. Mark Smith has been in and around the 1st team for 4 or 5 years now. Yes he's a good player, its not like hes had 1 season and been kicked out, im sure Denis Betts has a pretty good idea of how good the guy is after all this time.
Wayne Godwin looks like a much better player to me, and a much better prospect. Hes a clever player, who seems to know how to open teams up from dummy half, hes faster than Smith and hes a top tackler. He will be a good player coming off the bench, he will have more impact than Mark smith used to do.

So what im saying is, Mark Smith was a good player, who has had plenty of time for the coaces and manager to see what hes made of. Where as Godwin has the potential to be a great player , and make it into the G.B squad in a few years.