Maguire and Burrows

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Maguire and Burrows

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Does anyone else think that they have both lost pace?

Before his injury, last year, I am confident that Maguire would have gone the full length of the field following his interception of Lockers kick early in the game. As for Burrows he seems to have lost that lightening start off the mark!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Re: Maguire and Burrows

Post by cpwigan »

How old are they both now? IMO they have lost pace and even enthusiasm. RL is such a tough game that IMO it is in many positions going to become a young man's game.

Sam T going to FB and perhaps later in his career to half-back al a Lockyer may have prolonged his career. As players approach their mid-mainly late 20's they inveitably fill out physically and often lose some speed IMO.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

I've been saying this since last year, Leeds are a dying breed, no youth coming through at all. We gave Tomkins a chance and he took it when Tim Smith got injured what do Leeds do when they get an injury in the halves? Throw Sinfield in there. They wouldn't play young Luke Burgess and now he is gone, Jones Buchanen, Peacock, Ablett, Bailey have all been around for ages, Buderus is favoured to McShane who is a great player, for me they got wrapped up in those three wins on the bounce and forgot about developing for the future as well. Wigan on the other hand are developing all the time.

I may sign for Leeds, I'm 26 that seems to be the age they give folk a chance. :lol:
Up The Mont!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Leeds have some outstanding youngsters at lower ages, the schoolboy teams and the U18 age group. The problem is they stopped bothering developing young players whilst successful and making tough decisions re letting the odd experienced player go and bringing a youngster in whilst at the top. You then experienced a break and have to rebuild with a declining first team.

St Helens made tough decisions but IMO are better placed in the next season or so. Leeds can either accept their fate or sign players from outside the club and/or blood very young players.