Saints Stadium

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Saints Stadium

Post by cpwigan »

Looks very promising, should be fantastic when completed

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/1002
wiggydoran

Re: Saints Stadium

Post by wiggydoran »

I bet there are more people in it now then there will be on match days!
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

It looks good. Will be exciting going to all these new stadiums next year.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Saints vs Wigan at the Typhoo Stadium, this Stevo is a storm in a tea cup waiting to happen!

I can see it now lol the 2 numpties can have a field day and stir all kinds up never mind milking the commentary job for a few more years!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

If Typhoo put the T in Britain, who put the cult in Sculthorpe?

Thought I cleaned that one up nicely! :lol:
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

What they need to do is pay homage to Knowsley Road by ensuring one of the stands (and they could call it the Knowsley Road Stand) has:

- sections of crumbling terrace concrete held together in places with gaffer tape.

- toilets that consist of a brick wall with half a drain pipe in the floor for drainage. For the full effect there should also be no roof. Hygeine should be catered for with a bottle of squeezy bleach replaced on a annual basis.

- Make sure the concessiona stands are in fact caravans on bricks fitted out with a fridge, freezer and 3 deepfat fryers.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

weststand-rich wrote:What they need to do is pay homage to Knowsley Road by ensuring one of the stands (and they could call it the Knowsley Road Stand) has:

- sections of crumbling terrace concrete held together in places with gaffer tape.

- toilets that consist of a brick wall with half a drain pipe in the floor for drainage. For the full effect there should also be no roof. Hygeine should be catered for with a bottle of squeezy bleach replaced on a annual basis.

- Make sure the concessiona stands are in fact caravans on bricks fitted out with a fridge, freezer and 3 deepfat fryers.
Pi**ed myself laughing at that post :lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
warrior1989

Post by warrior1989 »

Was told by someone last night who drives past it everyday, that its no were near finished ! another season at widnes for um then lol ?
cpwigan

Saints Stadium ?

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/1058

Looks fabulous BUT

Am I right in thinking it is part of an industrial estate with little or no parking etc ?
Brianed0

Re: Saints Stadium ?

Post by Brianed0 »

You are right, the stadium is looking good. I am a Wigan supporter (for life) but I now live not too far from the new Stains stadium.

As you say, there is very little parking and the business park nearby are going to be angry if cars park there. I cannot think of anywhere nearby where cars will be able to park. Hopefully Stains have some answers to parking, but I can't see any answers yet.
Brian Edwards, supporter since 1950. Once Wigan, always Wigan